Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Question??? Updated with pic

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM
  • 17 Replies

Has anyone Crocheted a band for a tutu? and if so what stitch did you use?

Thanks for your help and time.

So I decided to try to make a tutu and this is the result. What do you all think?

Here's a link for it. 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=236871396455940&set=a.133948823414865.29589.131901040286310&type=1

(tried adding a pic but it wouldn't let me for some reason)

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissElissa21
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Bump I haven't!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Nope, not my area of art. :)

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I haven't. But I thought about it for a bit after reading this.

I would say chain as many as many as you need to go around whoever is wearing it. Then join with a slip stitch. The half double(or double) crochet around to make foundation row. Then single or half double around to make it wider.

I hope that makes sense. I honestly pulled it off the top of my head.
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I think most people buy the premade "crocheted" bands that are made in a factory out of elastic. They're cheap and easy, though I'm really not of fan of them. If you want to make your own, I'd use very stretchy elastic/fabric cord. Crocheting isnt very syretchy and most regular will not stay snug enough for a tutu. I'd make a chain 2" smaller than the waist, then slip stitch to make a big circle, then half-double in back loops stitch with a big hook. Or a smaller hook and do: dc 1, skip 1, chain 1, dc 1, skip 1, chain 1.... around.

That's how I'd start, anyway.
r2blue2
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Thank you. I just didn't want to buy the "crocheted" band when I can make one about as good.

Quoting calebsmommy05:

I would say chain as many as many as you need to go around whoever is wearing it. Then join with a slip stitch. The half double(or double) crochet around to make foundation row. Then single or half double around to make it wider.

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
You're welcome! I think Hdc or DC would make the holes to put the tutu pieces through. You could also make it straight across and sew on buttons to close it.

Quoting r2blue2:

Thank you. I just didn't want to buy the "crocheted" band when I can make one about as good.

Quoting calebsmommy05:

RutterMama
by Tia on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I only use the crochet headbands for tutus, but I use the premade ones. I have used the same material to make my own when I needed a larger one. I just stitched the ends together in the measurement I wanted.

r2blue2
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Did you read my mind? Lol. Because that is exactly what I'm thinking of doing.

Quoting calebsmommy05:

You're welcome! I think Hdc or DC would make the holes to put the tutu pieces through. You could also make it straight across and sew on buttons to close it.

Quoting r2blue2:

Quoting calebsmommy05:

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Lol. We are brilliant! :)

Quoting r2blue2:

Did you read my mind? Lol. Because that is exactly what I'm thinking of doing.

Quoting calebsmommy05:

Quoting r2blue2:

Quoting calebsmommy05:

r2blue2
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)