Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Those who craft for $$$

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

What kind of website do you use for virtual payment? Any aside from Paypal, that don't take large percentages of transactions or any percentages at all? Used Paypal but they took about $3.45 of a $20 payment I got... I don't want to charge an arm and a leg for my paracord crafts but I don't want to have to cut loses over virtual payments...

I don't have an Etsy account yet, I've just been crafting via requests of friends and now starting to expand to friends of friends. And these are all out of state, otherwise I would just meet up with said people and get cash.

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
You can have people "gift" money on PayPal. No fees there.

I'll be following along - I'm interested, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChillyinAlaska
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Oh thank you, I'll have to check and see if my friend didn't gift it! I'm glad that in my paracord projects have been picking up, I'm trying to start some college classes while I'm fully getting my health on track. Need some income! 

Quoting mybratsmom:

You can have people "gift" money on PayPal. No fees there.

I'll be following along - I'm interested, too.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You should look into Storenvy.com! :D I have an entire series on my blog running on them right now! :) It uses paypal but it's only a 3% or so fee, which you will incur pretty much anywhere. That's $0.03 on a dollar, not a huge loss. Storenvy is free to list and sell on, totally customizable, and amazing. I have been on there for three years and love it! Paypal is the most trusted and the safest to use for buyer and seller. Most people won't check out through anything else.

ChillyinAlaska
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Fair enough!! I figured Paypal is the safest because I haven't seen any other available for virtual payments. I think I'll have to check out that website when I see this picking up a little more, thank you for the help!! :)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

You should look into Storenvy.com! :D I have an entire series on my blog running on them right now! :) It uses paypal but it's only a 3% or so fee, which you will incur pretty much anywhere. That's $0.03 on a dollar, not a huge loss. Storenvy is free to list and sell on, totally customizable, and amazing. I have been on there for three years and love it! Paypal is the most trusted and the safest to use for buyer and seller. Most people won't check out through anything else.

Dreamweaver_46
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I've been an e-Bay seller  for years . I have about 1100 feedback. I've always used Paypal. It's really the safest way. I just started an etsy acct and I will use Paypal on it to. It costs but bottom line is everything does. 

gogetem
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

You can also add the paypal to your costs and include it in your price.customers feel safe using paypal and that in of itself is valuable.

ChillyinAlaska
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Very true, thank you! Definitely keeping Paypal at this point, will just have to figure the differences into my prices, thank you! :)

Quoting Dreamweaver_46:

I've been an e-Bay seller  for years . I have about 1100 feedback. I've always used Paypal. It's really the safest way. I just started an etsy acct and I will use Paypal on it to. It costs but bottom line is everything does. 

ChillyinAlaska
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I think that is what I'll be doing, thank you!! :)

Quoting gogetem:

You can also add the paypal to your costs and include it in your price.customers feel safe using paypal and that in of itself is valuable.

RutterMama
by Tia on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM

It shouldn't have taken that much of a $20 payment, something is wrong. Paypal fee is only 2.9%+ .30 of each transaction. Most payment processors are going to be pretty much the same.

ChillyinAlaska
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Yeah, my mother actually said she needs to double check where that payment was taken out from, (I use hers, she's helping me start my "business"). But I think it's better to just fluctuate my prices a little bit to deal with the fees and stay with Paypal. Thank you! :)

Quoting RutterMama:

It shouldn't have taken that much of a $20 payment, something is wrong. Paypal fee is only 2.9%+ .30 of each transaction. Most payment processors are going to be pretty much the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)