Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What do you make/sell?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 53 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Hello. I'm new to the group. I was wondering what you all make and/or sell. I want to start doing something to make an extra income and I'm really good with my hands and very creative. I found this chair for $10 at a thrift store and spray painted it for my DD who is 2. I would like to do something like that but Idk. So what do you do?

Thank you all for answering and sorry I couldnt reply to everyone! I love your crafts and I hope I can find something to do soon!

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Welcome to the group!! Awesome upcycle! I'm Cody, I make monsters and help indie and handmade businesses get off the ground!

briellesmomma
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Thank you! :-)

Monsters like stuff monsters? Lol. Sorry just curious!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Welcome to the group!! Awesome upcycle! I'm Cody, I make monsters and help indie and handmade businesses get off the ground!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I am Melissa. I make all kinds of things. I love to sew and crochet, so the things I sell are usually of that nature. I don't like owning my shop, but I found that it's the easiest way to keep things organized when someone wants to buy something I make. I have sold jewelry and clay charms too. Upcycled furniture is better sold locally I would think, since it's a little difficult to ship. I bet if you wanted to make a decent amount with the furniture you could sell it yard sale style, at craft shows in the area, at a shop, or on Craigslist. 

I hope you show us more of what you make, I would love to see!

briellesmomma
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Thank you! That all sounds so fun!! I'm not done with the chair yet. Need more paint and I want to add silver butterflies :-) I'm still not sure what I want to do but I definitely know I want to do crafts! Thanks for the tips!

Quoting MissElissa21:

Welcome to the group! I am Melissa. I make all kinds of things. I love to sew and crochet, so the things I sell are usually of that nature. I don't like owning my shop, but I found that it's the easiest way to keep things organized when someone wants to buy something I make. I have sold jewelry and clay charms too. Upcycled furniture is better sold locally I would think, since it's a little difficult to ship. I bet if you wanted to make a decent amount with the furniture you could sell it yard sale style, at craft shows in the area, at a shop, or on Craigslist. 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I do stuffed monsters, like these...

And I also make Mon-stors - they are laundry and toy storage solutions for kids in the form of monsters, my own copyrighted design. :) Been making them three and a half years now!

Quoting briellesmomma:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

MissElissa21
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM

You're welcome. There are all kinds of things inside the posts in this group! We have quite a few woodworkers in here that upcycle furniture into more FUN-ctional furniture, like entertainment centers into doll houses and play kitchens. If I had the space in my house to upcycle and sell furniture, I would do it full time, I LOVE it! We just have a tiny condo though :(

Quoting briellesmomma:

Thank you! That all sound so fun!! I'm not done with the chair yet. Need more paying and I want to add silver butterflies :-) I'm still not sure what I want to so but I definitely know I want to do crafts! Thanks for the tips!

Quoting MissElissa21:

RutterMama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Welcome to the group!!
I'm Tia. I make mostly hair accessories, tutus and scarves.

briellesmomma
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Oh yeah!! I remember you and your story!! I want one of those lol for when DD gets older.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I do stuffed monsters, like these...

And I also make Mon-stors - they are laundry and toy storage solutions for kids in the form of monsters, my own copyrighted design. :) Been making them three and a half years now!

Quoting briellesmomma:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

briellesmomma
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I watch a lot of DIY and HGTV so I wasn't to do the same but start small first. I love upcycling (my new favorite word lol) stuff. The chair was my first thing, aside from clothing and shoes.

Quoting MissElissa21:

You're welcome. There are all kinds of things inside the posts in this group! We have quite a few woodworkers in here that upcycle furniture into more FUN-ctional furniture, like entertainment centers into doll houses and play kitchens. If I had the space in my house to upcycle and sell furniture, I would do it full time, I LOVE it! We just have a tiny condo though :(

Quoting briellesmomma:

Thank you! That all sound so fun!! I'm not done with the chair yet. Need more paying and I want to add silver butterflies :-) I'm still not sure what I want to so but I definitely know I want to do crafts! Thanks for the tips!

Quoting MissElissa21:

Fields456
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Hi im Sarah . I make and sell jewelry and redneck glasses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN