Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

PICS

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 12 Replies

Presentation is everything.. May I ask what type of camera you ladies are using to photo your product.. Does anyone use their phone camera and do you get great pic..Its a kind of hit and miss for me.. Also, do you have any tricks, tips for better, brighter pics or programs.. Thanks Ladies.. Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday..

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asingledream
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hey!

I use a Canon EOS 60D.  Which is probably more than a lot of people want to spend just to take photos of their work.  I don't think you need an awesome camera to take great product shots, but I wouldn't recommend a phone camera.  They've gotten pretty good these days, but you have much less control of your photos with them.   You want to make your products shine and reflect the amount of time and love that you put into creating them! 

I know there are some fairly nice point and shoot cameras that aren't terribly expensive.  I would do research and find one that offers you more settings than a phone camera would.  Or maybe some other members can offer you some suggestions.  I know there's always a learning curve when you get a new camera, but it's well worth it!!

asingledream
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Also!  Whatever camera you use, natural non-direct light is always going to look better than in-camera flash!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I use a Samsung point and shoot camera thing. Here is a post on Daft Crafts with lots of great product photography tips, and soon A Single Dream, the girl above me, is doing a photography series for Daft!

http://www.daftcrafts.net/2013/02/clickclickboom-awesome-photography-tips.html

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a sony cybershot. I sometimes use hubby's cool pics point and shoot.

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank You so much, a good camera is on my list of Needs and you are right you put your work into your art you should be able to present it beautifully thru pics, after all we are visual :).  Your pics and jewelry are beautiful, thanks for the information.. Have a good one..

Quoting asingledream:

Hey!

I use a Canon EOS 60D.  Which is probably more than a lot of people want to spend just to take photos of their work.  I don't think you need an awesome camera to take great product shots, but I wouldn't recommend a phone camera.  They've gotten pretty good these days, but you have much less control of your photos with them.   You want to make your products shine and reflect the amount of time and love that you put into creating them! 

I know there are some fairly nice point and shoot cameras that aren't terribly expensive.  I would do research and find one that offers you more settings than a phone camera would.  Or maybe some other members can offer you some suggestions.  I know there's always a learning curve when you get a new camera, but it's well worth it!!

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Thank You, will check this out sometime today..

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I use a Samsung point and shoot camera thing. Here is a post on Daft Crafts with lots of great product photography tips, and soon A Single Dream, the girl above me, is doing a photography series for Daft!

http://www.daftcrafts.net/2013/02/clickclickboom-awesome-photography-tips.html

mama_girl07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I use my Nikon D40 mostly but I am known to use my iPhone too lol

ZsMommy
by Heids on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Nikon Coolpix

RutterMama
by Tia on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I have a cannon power shot... want a new camera, but don't know what to get!
RutterMama
by Tia on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Quoting melliburger:

I have a sony cybershot. I sometimes use hubby's cool pics point and shoot.

I had one, but sold it. I couldn't figure out how to make it work for me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)