Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to craft but... Edited

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

After I make things there is no where to put it. I can't seem to sell anything I make and I hate the stuff just piling up here. I have quit making anything and I am sad about it but I just don't know what to do with the stuff.

I can sew clothes and toys. I can draw people and animals. I can paint. I can craft. I tried opening and etsy store and it did nothing. I have gifted to everyone I can gift to. My kids don't want me to make their clothes. I have drawn everyone in my family. No one wants anything panted.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
What stuff do you make? You can always donate hats and blankets to hospitals and shelters, jewelry and art work to school fundraisers, etc... If you want to broaden your fan base, look for sites doing giveaways and contribute your items! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
r2blue2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
you could try to sell your craft or donate it to people in need, that way you can still do it.
Dreamweaver_46
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Same question here ? What do you make ? I donate about half the stuff I make. I make it out of pure enjoyment. 

meshawmama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Give it away as gifts.
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

What do you make? Maybe you could donate it to charities! :)

SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I know how you feel.  Which is why I haven't been making much lately.  I have a pile of premade crochet stuff and then a box full of jewelry.

It's discouraging to see it all laying around.

Have you tried gifting items or putting them at a consignment shop or in a yard sale?

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM

:( I'm running a huge clearance sale on my jewelry site right now to try to move some of these items that have been in my shop for almost two years! It can get a little disappointing and didscouraging.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:20 AM
My area has a veteran-ran thrift shop, all proceeds go to local veterans - they help re-model homes for disabled vets, drive them to their appointments, pay for prescriptions, etc. I try to take a few things there every month - my cards and hand-stamped jewelry sell all year long. Funny, because I have the hardest time selling my cards for $3.00 a piece and they're selling them for $4.50!!! I get to write off what I donate and the money goes to a very good charity.

Look for things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylw993
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM

How about craft fairs?

rayroe2
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Don't take as rude over text. Maybe you need classes you better yourself. It sounds like your focused on around family a bit much. It s okay just find a fun class to take.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)