Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

How much for shipping?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have started getting requests for my craft from people who are not local which is exciting! How do I know how much to charge for shipping? Is ther e an easy way to know how much to charge. I know some people charge a flat rate for all US deliveries. I sell jewelry and baby items. I'm not sure where to start.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cowgirls10181
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Start by getting a selection of shipping containger from the post office. Get prices for them also, then you should have an idea. Ex a small box cost $5 ish for shipping, then you also have the cardboard envlopes and plastic invlopes and more. Good luck and congratulations!
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Go to the post office and get quotes-  first class is almost always the cheapest!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Also, you can get shipping supplies from the Dollar Tree and with first class, for small things, it costs like $2 to mail them. Take a product, in a box, and have them weigh it to about four cities far from you and see what the rates are. Set your average price per item using that!

nerual21
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Thank you!

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Start by getting a selection of shipping containger from the post office. Get prices for them also, then you should have an idea. Ex a small box cost $5 ish for shipping, then you also have the cardboard envlopes and plastic invlopes and more. Good luck and congratulations!

nerual21
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Also, you can get shipping supplies from the Dollar Tree and with first class, for small things, it costs like $2 to mail them. Take a product, in a box, and have them weigh it to about four cities far from you and see what the rates are. Set your average price per item using that!

RutterMama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM

My advice... get a scale! Any kitchen or postal scale that shows oz is fine. Then you can go on usps.com or paypal and get shipping estimates based on weight.

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

What these ladies said :) Go to the post office and get a quote or diy online with a scale!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN