Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I love to do crafts but most of all I love to get my girls involved! What are some ideas?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love to do crafts! Most of all I love to do crafts with my girls, necies, and nephews too! They range from age 1 to 8! I try to find things that will be fun for all of them! I love to do Holiday kids crafts, and seasonal ones too! 

This week I have planned decorating some water bottles, (after cutting them in half), going into my back yard letting them dig up some dirt, planting some seeds and watching them grow! Thought it might be fun for them!!!! They get to craft, get messy, and watch the plant grow!

What are some spring crafts that you like to do? Im looking for some ideas to keep them busy for spring and running into summer! I'm a stay at home mom, Due in July with our 3rd baby girl, I also babysit my 2 neices and my 1 nephew some time my 2 nephews! So Id like some things that I can still do with them after the baby is born for the times we cant get outside etc... 

Thought it might be fun to share some of our ideas too! I will post pics of some of the crafts we have resently done this year! Thank you for your ideas and support!

in lovestorkbaby girltoddler girl

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
3girlskdpreno
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM

soda case cardboard mitten cut outs, plastic wrap(to cover picture), glue, picture of choice, crayons, markers, glitter! east and fun

Old cardboard, stocking and snowman cut outs, crayons, markers, glue, cottonballs, glitter, random peices to make face of snowman!

ALSO A HOLE PUNCH IF YOU HAVE ONE AND STRING TO HANG EM!

3girlskdpreno
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Clover cut out, popsicle stick, markers crayons glue,

Toilet paper roll easter bunny peiced together out of constrution paper(I also drew the faces), crayons, makers, glue

Clover St patty's day hats made from a paper plate

3girlskdpreno
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Construction paper, felt paper, markers, crayons, glue paper cup, popsicle stick!

easter bunny egg hunt box! fridge pack 12 pack soda box for body, cardboard for the ears, construction paper for body, marker for the face, hot glue gun, felt wiskers, fuzzy ball nose and tail, crazy silly eyes for the eyes! cut out where the handel is easy to carry, open the front great to fit in the eggs or anything else! we made a pink one for my older daughter and a blue one for my one nephew

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We've just started getting into crafts here. Right now he has a beading activity, pipe cleaners and pony heads. We just got some foam stickers and construction paper so I'll see how that goes!

brileigh22
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohhhh there's too many!!

But my absolute favorite is letting them mix up liquid sidewalk chalk.  It's a great activity for learning about measurements and color mixing.  Then they get to go crazy with it!!  You can do more than paint with it, too.  Spray it, sponge it, fling it, squeeze it, and bounce it on a soaked tennis ball!  My oldest LOVES it!!

Here's my recipe

RutterMama
by Tia on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You're doing great with them! I wish I had ideas, my stuff my kids can't really help with. They are still in the 'hurt more than help' phase being 5 & 2.

jillybean1023
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM

check out greenkidcrafts.com....they have boxes they send right to your front door.  Easy, fun, and earth-friendly crafts!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)