Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

crochet a blanket

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

hi everyone. i was starting my blanket i wanted to make for next winter and i couldnt finish the first row i started to get a headache lol... how long does it usually take for an afghan or lap blanket?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
It varies a lot, depending on the stitching used and how fast you are. I get boooooored with big projects like that (which results in 3-month breaks and unfinished afghans, lol).
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Depends on the size you want, and how fast you can crochet :) 

SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Depends on size and type of stitch

I did a lapghan (smaller than an afghan) in a few days, using double crochet.

whitleypittman
by whitley on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM

months.

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Good luck! I started a blanket on my biggest long loom... like..... five months ago? I have like ten rows done lol

billssweety
by Cyndi on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Well adult or baby/child?  What stitch are you using?  If I make a granny square blanket (not sewn together granny squares, but a continous granny square) it will take me about 8 hours to make a baby one, that is the largest I have ever gone and I usually do that when we are taking a long driving trip.  I am currently working on an octagon & squares blanket and am up to about 40 hours, have 3 octagon's (out of 20) to finish and must sew them on along with 4 squares (out of 12), so I probably have another 2 hours to go.

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Hehe a couple years ago I had the bright idea of crocheting a ripple blanket for my husband for an anniversary gift... He is 6'6 and asked if I could make it fit our then queen sized bed...... It took me TWO YEARS to make the darn thing. It was just too big, and the pattern since it was a ripple was just so annoying after awhile lol. 

We upgraded to a king bed last year, and our Anniversary is tomorrow... I have been working on a rag quilt for him for the past month... :P 

Quoting melliburger:

Good luck! I started a blanket on my biggest long loom... like..... five months ago? I have like ten rows done lol

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

happydays62
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM

It all depends on how long you spend on it.  Sometimes it can take as long to  days  to make  lap afghan to a week to make a queen size afghan .  It as depends on the stitch that you use.  It can also depend on the type of pattern that you are using .  I hope that this will help you out some.

gma12.1
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM

For me it depended on the pattern, stitch, and how much quiet time I would be allowed from the kids. I did 5 twin/long afghans in 3 months. I have 3 kids & a hubs that can't seem to do anything for themselves when I am doing ANYTHING so I had to stop a lot, wait till they all went to bed, or even put it aside for a few days to handle what ever needed handling.

NovitaC-L34
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I made a throw for my love seat at it took me about 3 weeks it's a good enough size. And that's with work, school, 2 kids a husband and a cat. May I suggest if you crochet squares and then see them together. It would be like a patch work quilt. Look into that. It will probably be easier for you and less boring. Let me know how else I can help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)