Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need some DIY mothers day gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
For my Mom and MIL. Would like to incorporate DD somehow, she's their first granddaughter and this is their first mothers day as grandmas. I've been pondering for days and can't think of anything. Any ideas?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
eevers55
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We live in a completely different state than both my mother and MIL and all "mother" figures. This year, my daughter will be 2 and she made "hugs" to go in the cards she made. We traced her hands on cardstock and cut them out. We then used yarn to measure out her arm span and cut the yarn, taped it to the hands and voila "hugs"
She then decorated them with her crayons and stickers.

mamaeagle216
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh that's really cute!!

Quoting eevers55:

We live in a completely different state than both my mother and MIL and all "mother" figures. This year, my daughter will be 2 and she made "hugs" to go in the cards she made. We traced her hands on cardstock and cut them out. We then used yarn to measure out her arm span and cut the yarn, taped it to the hands and voila "hugs"
She then decorated them with her crayons and stickers.

cowgirls10181
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM
My sil did a hand print spoon reast, me this year i did foot print cards for dd 18 months, said on them ive grown at least a foot since you meet me, and ill grow more with your love!

Happy Mothers day Mom or happy mothers day grandma! Also you can find some cute sayings on the internet for mothers day.
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My son made me this last year. Simple cheap flower pot with hand prints on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaBerg85
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM
It looks like u put hand prints in a typical picture frame and use permanent marker to write something on the frame. I might be wrong but that's how I'd do it. Looks cool.

Quoting MasonsMom3411:

That's adorable! How did you do it?

Quoting pregomom468:

this is what i am doing except im writing "you hold their hands for a little while but their hearts forever

baby7810
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

i did these for my mom and MIL

i used canvases and modge podged family pics on it :)

Brown79
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I am attempting to do the plant pots! I saw it on Facebook. It should be interesting. I foresee my 11mo old with paint everywhere!

Quoting kryjen:

I was thinking of doing a butterfly craft using my kiddo's feet.  I was probably going to do it on paper and frame it, but I also saw it on a plant pot.  Could be cute and looks super simple!

Lilys_mama1222
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

last year dd painted flower pots for grandparents, the year before we did hand prints in a frame, this year i am laying out a huge piece of paper and letting her run all over it with paint on her feet and cutting it into smaller cards nothing special due to money issues

luvmylilbean
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM

For one present I bought an M & I wooden letters from the craft store (like $1.50 each) and took pictures of my girls with one letter at a time. Then I put the 4 pics side by side to spell out 'Mimi.' You could do it with grandma, nana, or whatever. My 2 year old painted a little clay pot then I traced her hand on bright paper & cut it out then put it on a green popscicle stick and her hand was the flower.

kmcquinn3
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Thank you so much!! I'm going to try this for sure! Such a cute idea!

Quoting Babymama7710:

I just painted on them with acrylic paint and sealed the picture with mod podge.you can also make ur an fake canvas pictured they are super easy

Quoting kmcquinn3:

How did you do those love them

Quoting Babymama7710:

We did these for my stepmom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)