Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need some DIY mothers day gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
For my Mom and MIL. Would like to incorporate DD somehow, she's their first granddaughter and this is their first mothers day as grandmas. I've been pondering for days and can't think of anything. Any ideas?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
Babymama7710
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

You can also do something like this.w just made the a few nights ago

Quoting eevers55:

We live in a completely different state than both my mother and MIL and all "mother" figures. This year, my daughter will be 2 and she made "hugs" to go in the cards she made. We traced her hands on cardstock and cut them out. We then used yarn to measure out her arm span and cut the yarn, taped it to the hands and voila "hugs"
She then decorated them with her crayons and stickers.

luvmylilbean
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

This isn't mine, but we made this tonight too. My 2 year old did the handprint and I did my 2 month old's foot for the butterfly :)

chels210
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Yikes...I haven't even thought about it! I always try to do crafty things for mothers day....most of them flop
BeAmour
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
The way I do them:

Have some sharpie markers, write something or left your kid draw whatever on a piece of tissue paper. Cut around the picture/words as closely as you can.

Put the tissue paper onto the candle and get a piece of wax paper and use something hot (a high setting of a blow dryer will work but may take a while.), I used an embossing heating gun. Peel off the wax paper and if the picture/text didn't get on there all the way, just lay the wax paper on again. It's a lot of fun.

I made my mom one from DS for her birthday

Quoting kmcquinn3:

How did you do those love them

Quoting Babymama7710:

We did these for my stepmom

samanthe75
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM

get some tiles and print pictures on paper and modge podge together for coasters and hot glue felt onto the backs!

MzShorty787
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I'm gonna bump for later u ladies have some really good ideas :)
MzShorty787
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Bird feeder/house u should b able to buy a kit at say home depot, lowes, or maybe even a bass pro

Quoting suetoo:

Build a bird feeder or bluebird house. I think you can order starter kits. Buy a bag of mortar mix and make flower bowls, you shape them around milk jugs or old plastic bowls. Get dollar store frames, paint canvasses and jars of poster paint, and go out in the yard and paint a landscape, flowers or pet portrait.

childofgod04
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM
We live over a thousand miles away from both moms so we are just sending cards with pictures of our son. I may do a handprint thing with his hand and put it in the envelope with the cards. It's my first Mother's Day and my mom's first as a grandma but not my MIL's
Jlee4249
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:20 AM
We've done the handprint-painted dish, the hugs card (except it said "I love you this much"), a "waterless fishtank" made out of a shoebox, tissue paper flower boquet, 3-D footprint butterfly painting w/handprints, photo mugs (from walmart photo center). I'm always looking for ideas.
It's fun to make stuff for the grandparents.
I haven't even begun this year's...
singlemomw2grls
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM
5 moms liked this

I saw this on facebook. Thought it was adorable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN