Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need some DIY mothers day gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
For my Mom and MIL. Would like to incorporate DD somehow, she's their first granddaughter and this is their first mothers day as grandmas. I've been pondering for days and can't think of anything. Any ideas?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
xsmommy12
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM
What I plan on doing is buying a canvas then put my foot prints on it let it dry then put my sons inside mine. Then put following in my foot steps.
HotMomma2622
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this. Having my kids do this for my mom.

Quoting Jenn8604:

My son made me this last year. Simple cheap flower pot with hand prints on it.
jessi2girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM

We did the butterfly feet before, they turned out soo cute! We put them on some stepping stones for their nana's garden though :)

Quoting monicas3w:

more ideas

Mothers Day Finger Paint Art Ideas

jessi2girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Some grandparents like the pictures like those, everyone has different tastes. My mom for example would never use a keychain because her key rings are FILLED with keys and a key chain would just get in the way or break, but she loves being able to hang her grandchildrens pictures and artwork in her office.   Crafts made by children though aren't tacky, they are from the heart. 

Quoting angevil53:

I would make her a keychain so she could use it everyday. Some times those pictures look a little tacky. Jmo.

angevil53
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM
It is my opinion that they look tacky. Sorry if that offends you. I was making a suggestion. Bc the op asked for suggestions.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Some grandparents like the pictures like those, everyone has different tastes. My mom for example would never use a keychain because her key rings are FILLED with keys and a key chain would just get in the way or break, but she loves being able to hang her grandchildrens pictures and artwork in her office.   Crafts made by children though aren't tacky, they are from the heart. 

Quoting angevil53:

I would make her a keychain so she could use it everyday. Some times those pictures look a little tacky. Jmo.

jessi2girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

The only thing that's looked tacky in this post is your reply. It was rude and not necessary to pick on children's artwork like that! If you wanted to suggest a key chain because you fell some parents and grandparents would get more use out of it, fine, leave it at that, but again, picking on children's artwork is far more tacky!

Quoting angevil53:

It is my opinion that they look tacky. Sorry if that offends you. I was making a suggestion. Bc the op asked for suggestions.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

angevil53
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Oh gawd get over yourself lady. If your family likes that stuff idc. It's fine by me. I never picked on anyone. You must be a little sensitive today.

Quoting jessi2girls:

The only thing that's looked tacky in this post is your reply. It was rude and not necessary to pick on children's artwork like that! If you wanted to suggest a key chain because you fell some parents and grandparents would get more use out of it, fine, leave it at that, but again, picking on children's artwork is far more tacky!

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

jessi2girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yeah because going around calling pictures that kids made tacky isn't rude at all *rolls eyes*.. 

Go eat some chocolate  for your PMS and stop picking on little kids' artwork

Quoting angevil53:

Oh gawd get over yourself lady. If your family likes that stuff idc. It's fine by me. I never picked on anyone. You must be a little sensitive today.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

angevil53
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I'm pregnant so no pms, maybe you need some though. You seem a bit high strung.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Yeah because going around calling pictures that kids made tacky isn't rude at all *rolls eyes*.. 

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

jessi2girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

ahhh hormonal pregnancy rants.. that explains it ;)

I'm not high strung dear, I just find it pathetic to pick on little children's art work. 

Quoting angevil53:

I'm pregnant so no pms, maybe you need some though. You seem a bit high strung.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN