Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need some DIY mothers day gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
For my Mom and MIL. Would like to incorporate DD somehow, she's their first granddaughter and this is their first mothers day as grandmas. I've been pondering for days and can't think of anything. Any ideas?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (51-58):
angevil53
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I think you should reread my original reply. You will easily see i went on no rant. And if anything you did. I have yet to be specific about anyone's art work. I have a 6yo, his art work is displayed proudly on my fridge but no i wouldn't give away a picture he made as a gift. He could do that on his own. I've seen some cute things on pinterest like the keychains, thumb print necklaces, pottery etc that i do like.

Quoting jessi2girls:

ahhh hormonal pregnancy rants.. that explains it ;)

I'm not high strung dear, I just find it pathetic to pick on little children's art work. 

Quoting angevil53:

I'm pregnant so no pms, maybe you need some though. You seem a bit high strung.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Yeah because going around calling pictures that kids made tacky isn't rude at all *rolls eyes*.. 

Go eat some chocolate  for your PMS and stop picking on little kids' artwork

Quoting angevil53:

Oh gawd get over yourself lady. If your family likes that stuff idc. It's fine by me. I never picked on anyone. You must be a little sensitive today.

Quoting jessi2girls:

The only thing that's looked tacky in this post is your reply. It was rude and not necessary to pick on children's artwork like that! If you wanted to suggest a key chain because you fell some parents and grandparents would get more use out of it, fine, leave it at that, but again, picking on children's artwork is far more tacky!

Quoting angevil53:

It is my opinion that they look tacky. Sorry if that offends you. I was making a suggestion. Bc the op asked for suggestions.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Some grandparents like the pictures like those, everyone has different tastes. My mom for example would never use a keychain because her key rings are FILLED with keys and a key chain would just get in the way or break, but she loves being able to hang her grandchildrens pictures and artwork in her office.   Crafts made by children though aren't tacky, they are from the heart. 

Quoting angevil53:

I would make her a keychain so she could use it everyday. Some times those pictures look a little tacky. Jmo.

jessi2girls
Both kids are in school now..
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM

*rolls eyes*..  the only pictures posted were of art work type of pictures! It wasn't that difficult to grasp your meaning dear! It was plainly obvious. 

And again, unnecessary and uncalled for.

Had you simple said.." I've seen some cute things on pinterest like the keychains, thumb print necklaces, pottery etc that i do like. "  that would have been enough for the OP.. but you had to include that you found them (artwork pictures) tacky..

Quoting angevil53:

I think you should reread my original reply. You will easily see i went on no rant. And if anything you did. I have yet to be specific about anyone's art work. I have a 6yo, his art work is displayed proudly on my fridge but no i wouldn't give away a picture he made as a gift. He could do that on his own. I've seen some cute things on pinterest like the keychains, thumb print necklaces, pottery etc that i do like.

Quoting jessi2girls:

I'm not high strung dear, I just find it pathetic to pick on little children's art work. 

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Yeah because going around calling pictures that kids made tacky isn't rude at all *rolls eyes*.. 

Quoting angevil53:

Oh gawd get over yourself lady. If your family likes that stuff idc. It's fine by me. I never picked on anyone. You must be a little sensitive today.

Quoting jessi2girls:

The only thing that's looked tacky in this post is your reply. It was rude and not necessary to pick on children's artwork like that! If you wanted to suggest a key chain because you fell some parents and grandparents would get more use out of it, fine, leave it at that, but again, picking on children's artwork is far more tacky!

Quoting angevil53:

It is my opinion that they look tacky. Sorry if that offends you. I was making a suggestion. Bc the op asked for suggestions.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Some grandparents like the pictures like those, everyone has different tastes. My mom for example would never use a keychain because her key rings are FILLED with keys and a key chain would just get in the way or break, but she loves being able to hang her grandchildrens pictures and artwork in her office.   Crafts made by children though aren't tacky, they are from the heart. 

Quoting angevil53:

I would make her a keychain so she could use it everyday. Some times those pictures look a little tacky. Jmo.

angevil53
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
You are assuming a lot from one small comment. And you're full of it. So glad you could be here to school me on how i should post. I was not talking about anyone's freaking art work. Get over yourself!

Quoting jessi2girls:

*rolls eyes*..  the only pictures posted were of art work type of pictures! It wasn't that difficult to grasp your meaning dear! It was plainly obvious. 

Had you simple said.." I've seen some cute things on pinterest like the keychains, thumb print necklaces, pottery etc that i do like. "  that would have been enough for the OP.. but you had to include that you found them (artwork pictures) tacky..

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

jessi2girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Bottomline.. You call the art work posted previously tacky.. you and I both know that, so don't try to pretend otherwise. You specifically stated that you were sorry if it offended me, but you still feel it's tacky. You and I both know that this post was about DIY mother's day gifts, which were all posted about gifts given by children! Honestly to lie at this point to try to pretend it never happened is ridiculous.

Bottomline.. you don't like artwork done by children that aren't yours and think it's "tacky" .. fine, keep it to yourself dear.. or don't get annoyed when someone calls you out for being rude and tacky yourself!

The only person that needs to get over themselves though here is you! Clearly you have an issue or wouldn't have even thought to include tacky into this post!

Quoting angevil53:

You are assuming a lot from one small comment. And you're full of it. So glad you could be here to school me on how i should post. I was not talking about anyone's freaking art work. Get over yourself!

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

angevil53
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Bottom line...i did not. I actually liked one of the posts of art work i thought looked great way before you went on your little tirade. I think you're full of it. I think you need a hobby. I said specifically "sometimes." Take it how you want it crazy brains. Your feelers are hurt but whatever. Grow up, not everyone likes your kids artwork.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Bottomline.. You call the art work posted previously tacky.. you and I both know that, so don't try to pretend otherwise. You specifically stated that you were sorry if it offended me, but you still feel it's tacky. You and I both know that this post was about DIY mother's day gifts, which were all posted about gifts given by children! Honestly to lie at this point to try to pretend it never happened is ridiculous.

Bottomline.. you don't like artwork done by children that aren't yours and think it's "tacky" .. fine, keep it to yourself dear.. or don't get annoyed when someone calls you out for being rude and tacky yourself!

The only person that needs to get over themselves though here is you! Clearly you have an issue or wouldn't have even thought to include tacky into this post!

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

jessi2girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM

" Some times those pictures look a little tacky."

It's right there dear, in your first post, right there, in black and white.. clear as day..

so don't lie.. especially over something like that.. it's pointless.

I didn't say EVERYONE would like my children's art work, but there was no need to call THOSE (yes, see, you used the word those, and the only THOSE in this post, were the pictures posted of artwork dear).. tacky! As I said the first time, some people DO appreciate them and PREFER them!

Perhaps your pregnancy has left you with short term memory problems among bitchiness that you are trying to defend and hide with fake pretenses.. and maybe it works for the more ignorant people around you, but I'm not one of them..

Like I said before you are far more tacky than anything that's been posted in this post!

If you want to be a bitch, maybe your husband would be more accomodating, but I'm not someone you can play like that.. go take your bitchy mood somewhere else to rag..

picking (yes, that's what name calling is) on children's art work is pathetic!Trust me, the only person that needs to "grow up" is you dear!

Quoting angevil53:

Bottom line...i did not. I actually liked one of the posts of art work i thought looked great way before you went on your little tirade. I think you're full of it. I think you need a hobby. I said specifically "sometimes." Take it how you want it crazy brains. Your feelers are hurt but whatever. Grow up, not everyone likes your kids artwork.

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting angevil53:

Scottishbrat33
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:54 AM

My Mom passed away.This is what I would do if she was still with us.I would take my oldest daughter and great granddaughter mother out for dinner.If you all get along this may be some fun.

pregomom468
by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM
i got a picture frame took off the back then used non-toxic glass paint for the hand prints and that viynal lettering then used hot glue to seal the glass against the frame :)
Quoting MasonsMom3411:

That's adorable! How did you do it?

Quoting pregomom468:

this is what i am doing except im writing "you hold their hands for a little while but their hearts forever

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)