Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

UPDATE on page 3 with PIC of what we made!!! Does anyone know how to make this?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I've looked ALL OVER Google for everything I could think of and I cannot find one single thing!!! I'd love to help my 2 year old son make this for his grandparents, but I can't find it!!!
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
It looks like a wood hear that was painted and written on. Add buttons, punch a hole, then finish with a sparkly modge podge. Thread with jute.
jnich4
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

No clue but that is cute!

Kathy112761
by Kathy on May. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what it looks like to me too. That is cute.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

It looks like a wood hear that was painted and written on. Add buttons, punch a hole, then finish with a sparkly modge podge. Thread with jute.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Looks like a painted wooden heart with lettering on it.
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You could also probably make it with salt dough, glass or a mirror ...though I agree that it does look like a wooden heart.

CamMa
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I thought it looked kinda like some clear type "dough", but I obviously could be wrong. I think I'll probably just go and buy a couple wooden hearts, paint and clear coat them. Thank you!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

CamMa
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I thought it was some kind of clear "dough" or something else because it looks kind of transparent, but I guess I was wrong. lol, thank you.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

You could also probably make it with salt dough, glass or a mirror ...though I agree that it does look like a wooden heart.

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I'm betting it's just a painted wooden form that they added glitter,buttons and possibly an acrylic coat to seal it.

CamMa
by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I'm betting it's just a painted wooden form that they added glitter,buttons and possibly an acylic coat to seal it.

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 5, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Most forms like that actually come with a hole and jute-You can find them at JoAnn's or Michaels in the unfinished wood section but if not-I'd suggest actually drilling the hole first. If you "punch" a hole on that type of wood,it has the possibility of splitting or cracking-and that would suck after you took the time to paint and decorate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN