Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Update: you are not going to believe this!! They want me to do what? I'm going to need some help on this one ladies!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 34 Replies
Update: they decided to do tattoos instead. Lol so we got out pretty easy. All the stress and money I spent at muchaels. Lol

I volunteered to help with field day and the school my youngest two go to. It's this Wednesday so I got a note on Friday letting me know what they wanted me to do. FACE PAINTING. I can't draw anything. Lol my husband said that they probably thought I was artistic since I could sew. Wrong! I need suggestions on super simple things that are virtually dummy proof to draw. So far I've got
Sunshine
Rainbow
Heart
Name
Smiley face -hey you do what you can do right?

Out of all the stations the parents are helping with the face painting is the only one that requires any kind of talent. Figures. Ahhhh help!
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by Jennifer on May. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh and they are ages 2-5 so I'm hoping they don't see my flaws and just embrace my "art". But let's face it... Those little boogers are painfully honest at that age. Haha

SabrinaLC
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Practice on a piece of paper or cardboard

When you get a bunch of ones that look good, keep those in mind.  Maybe have a little poster with the images of the ones that you know you can do so that you have a visual to show kids

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

id google image face paintings. get some ideas. lol

emersonsmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM
What about painting a nose and whiskers on them. If I recall... as a child I always asked for a unicorn. That's probably not in your ability range... I know it's not in mine... lol
Vinsmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
You can do the butterfly on girls, maybe mustaches for boys, or pirate patch, ninja turtle eye mask, a Spider-Man mask? That's not too much actual art.. Also I'm sure you are more talented then you think! I do the same thing to myself and then when I actually draw it out I think "wow that's not too bad!" Lol
MrsWhite101610
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Cat whiskers, butterfly, balloons, flowers, kites, star...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on May. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Dragons are surprisingly easy. Just a snake with spines and wings really. You can make ot blowing firr and voila. Paw prints if the mascot has paws are also appropriate. Snakes are common with boys too.
3kidz123
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

just tell them you can't draw and maby they can get someone more artistic :)

clowry02
by Chrissy on May. 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM

At my kids school they use stencils to draw them on

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Butterflies are easy - just some 3's for wings!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)