Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Am I wrong? Did I get upset over nothing?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 57 Replies

Tonight I found out that someone was trying to purchase my items to resell under their name. This upset me quite a bit and I wasn't sure what to think of it. I asked within my selling community and was mocked and bashed, asked if I was stupid for being upset, because in the end I was making money so what does it matter? This upset me a great deal! I spend time to make sure my items are good quality and would hate for someone to claim them as their own. I'm so hurt right now that a community that I thought would support me or at least give me good advice just trashed me and bashed me. I'm in tears right now and am not sure what to do, my hubby suggested moving to a different site to sell my items.

But I wanna know, was I wrong for being upset that someone was going to resell my items?

by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Not at all. Yes, you are making money, but that is not the point they cannot market your handmade products as their handmade products it is a matter of false advertising and the theft of your business reputation!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 9, 2013 at 1:10 AM

If they were planning to resell but still give you credit it would be a different story but they are stealing your product quality.

LoveNaCupcake
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Yes! and this is exactly what I kept saying. See I started getting red flags and decided to google the persons email, come to find out they have a website where they sell items from etsy and ebay as their own. Now if credit were given to me then I'd be fine with it, but to have someone try and be sneaky like that upsets me a great deal.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

If they were planning to resell but still give you credit it would be a different story but they are stealing your product quality.

KW1280
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I would pissed of to the highest level of pisstivity. You worked hard creating they didnt copy your design they took your product
LoveNaCupcake
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Yes! Thank you!! I know "A sale is a sale" but I'd rather lose money than allow someone to steal my product! I even tried giving an example, I often purchase my patterns from other sellers and I ALWAYS make sure that the shop I purchased my pattern from states that I can sell the products I make and then I am sure to give credit and a link to the shop in my product description, why? Because it's not my pattern, I would never pass it off as my own! Someone worked hard to make that pattern and they deserve the credit.

Whew, and here I thought I was going crazy and was just overreacting. Thank you both!

Quoting KW1280:

I would pissed of to the highest level of pisstivity. You worked hard creating they didnt copy your design they took your product

melliburger
by Melli on May. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Have you spoken to them about it?

I'd be pretty upset if someone took my items or promotional items and then reused them in their business. It's not right.

cjgmommy05
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I would be pretty pissed as well.  There is no reason for someone else to steal your product.  They aren't giving you any credit and that is wrong.  I would sell your items at another site.  

Scottishbrat33
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM

No .You have every  right to be upset.Now you know what kind people you are dealing with.I would research on the laws for selling items on the internet.I would find out what i could do to stop this from happening.Doing these things will give you a senes of power where it belongs,taking care of your business. Good luck.

shell3m
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I think people forget it's not all about making money.  While one point yes you shouldn't care, the other point is you made it and are proud of it so this rubs you the wrong way.  I can see that.  I wouldn't like it either.  Sorry someone is taking your items and making them their own, that's a sneaky way of making money.  :(   ((Hug))

group hug

CafeMom Tickers
mbc324
by New Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Can you make comments where the person has your stuff listed?? If you can put in there...handmade by: your name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN