Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats the difference between modg podge and elmers?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

I mean, are there any projects that can be done with modge podge that CANT be done with elmers?

by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Not really.  Modge Podge is made for decopage projects, but I really don't like it for any application.  Even when dry it tends to be slightly sticky and will attract dust and junk from the air.  For decopage, I usualy thin down Eileen's Tacky Glue but Elmers works too. 

melliburger
by Melli on May. 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I'm not sure :/

psuahr
by New Member on May. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM

The price!

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Quoting SissyMacK:

Not really.  Modge Podge is made for decopage projects, but I really don't like it for any application.  Even when dry it tends to be slightly sticky and will attract dust and junk from the air.  For decopage, I usualy thin down Eileen's Tacky Glue but Elmers works too. 

Agreed-I use an acrylic sealer over my projects when I use it. Elmer's doesn't always stick as well. I like Aileen's tacky glue also. But I just prefer an acrylic sealer on my projects-that also helps if it's going outside .

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Quoting psuahr:

The price!

And the smell...I use mod podge but I really don't like the smell :(

PinkButterfly66
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Modge podge is just thicker white glue from what I can tell.  

There IS  difference.  http://alexmakingstuff.blogspot.com/2012/07/mod-podge.html

AnnaNonamus
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Mod podge is basically watered down, but there are different finishes as well. 

eFreak23
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I have used both and seen no difference.  I used a watered down Aileen's tacky glue on an end table that I put all of my favorite pictures on.  I used several coats of the tacky glue.  That table is probably 15 years old and we have never used a coaster on it.  Only difference I notice is that 2 of my pictures have faded in the sun.

I wash it all the time too.  I think it is all just a matter of personal preference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)