Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

hey y'all

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
Im kim Im 21 and i have a 14 month old son, im recently a sahm and Ive been tryin to get more into crafts, i dont know how to knit or crochet but i want to learn so i eas hoping this group would help me with that and some other ideas!
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Hi Kim! I do loom knitting and it's pretty easy and nice, you can make almost the same things as knitting or crocheting :)

jryberg
by Jaime on May. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Welcome to the group! I can knitt a few things but mostly scrapbook and sew for my crafty time! Good luck learning to knitt and crochet.

zboys
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Hi, Kim.  I tried learning to knit several times and from several different people, but just never got the hang of it.  I hope you have better luck than I did!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Welcome. I mostly sew and make jewelry, but I also crochet and do counted cross stitch and a ton of other things as well. One bit of advice would be to utilize youtube for instructional videos. You can learn a ton on there.

jrobertson20
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Hi my name is Jodi.  I crochet and just taught myself almost a year ago.  I did it by watching You-tube!!!  Everybody here has been so supportive and helpful for me while I was learning.  I have a 2 1/2 year old and 6 month old daughters.  Welcome to the group!!!

KimTaylor76
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Oh awesome, ive been wanting to check out youtube for it but i figured i should buy yarn and needles or whatever i'll need first lol

Quoting jrobertson20:

Hi my name is Jodi.  I crochet and just taught myself almost a year ago.  I did it by watching You-tube!!!  Everybody here has been so supportive and helpful for me while I was learning.  I have a 2 1/2 year old and 6 month old daughters.  Welcome to the group!!!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Hey! I'm Cody! I dint knit or crochet beyond making scarves and washcloths but I do sew - I own my own indie biz making and selling monster toy storage solutions for kids called Mon-stors! I also own and run an art business resource blog called Daft Crafts. :)

Check out Ravelry for free knitting and.crochet advice and patterns too!
KimTaylor76
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Oh wow thats awesome! I wish i knew how to sew. I have so much i want to learn lol thanks for the advice

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Hey! I'm Cody! I dint knit or crochet beyond making scarves and washcloths but I do sew - I own my own indie biz making and selling monster toy storage solutions for kids called Mon-stors! I also own and run an art business resource blog called Daft Crafts. :)

Check out Ravelry for free knitting and.crochet advice and patterns too!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Hi! I'm Dana and I do off the loom bead weaving, regular jewelry making and photography! I'm also learning how to bead on a loom. This is a great group to get into. =)

krystlbear_84
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Welcome to the group!

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN