Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

DD made a pillow...

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

her first reversible one, almost completely on her own. I needed to fix the needle on her machine (she had it in twisted) and I had to do the buttons because she overstuffed the pillow (while I was at work and she wasn't supposed to be finishing it) BUT it is  her own work otherwise (and she did try to sew the buttons on herself she just wasn't keeping the thread taut enough.)

Here is side one

and side two.

Here are close ups of the fabric. (These were part of her Easter basket.) The buttons are on each side and they are red, green, blue and orange. (I had to go out and get a special needle since she overstuffed it and the embroidery needles I had were not long enough.)

I will have to help her reseal the side since her hand sewing is not up to par, yet.

by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM

PS. I just looked at the second pic that shows her...that is her swimsuit under her shirt.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Cute! She did good!

(and I just thought she was wearing a tank top under her shirt. lol)

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Thank you.

(Someone was b****ing behind us in the store and some grown up a**hole was flirting with her at a stoplight so I decided to clarify since I am tired and cranky so clarification up front saves me from becoming a b****) ;-).

Quoting DanaG70:

Cute! She did good!

lil_mama06
by Debbie on May. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM
She did a fantastic job..My hand sewing isn't much either, but I enjoy it and my kids don't seem to mind..lol
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Thank you. When I told her what you wrote she actually smiled (she's been a cranky butt all day and barely smiled at all especially when we had to cancel swimming since we misread the times that the pool was open).

Quoting lil_mama06:

She did a fantastic job..My hand sewing isn't much either, but I enjoy it and my kids don't seem to mind..lol

DanaG70
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM

O_o Did you tear into the person at the store? Being tired and cranky my husband would have had to hold me back, if he was with me. ;-) As for the flirt, well, I don't know, side swiping him  would have probably caused more problems than it was worth. lol

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Thank you.

(Someone was b****ing behind us in the store and some grown up a**hole was flirting with her at a stoplight so I decided to clarify since I am tired and cranky so clarification up front saves me from becoming a b****) ;-).

Quoting DanaG70:

Cute! She did good!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM

No I was pushing ds2's wheelchair (he is autistic and runs off and I can't take him to the store myself without putting him in his chair) and dd was far enough ahead not to hear her...so I let it be but as you can probably tell I am not happy...and as for the ass hole...well from 2 lanes away he probably didn't realize that she is 14! and yes definitely more problems than it is worth in the end...but I can imagine...right? ;)

Quoting DanaG70:

O_o Did you tear into the person at the store? Being tired and cranky my husband would have had to hold me back, if he was with me. ;-) As for the flirt, well, I don't know, side swiping him  would have probably caused more problems than it was worth. lol

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Thank you.

Quoting DanaG70:

Cute! She did good!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Totally understand that! Yes you can! That is what makes it so much easier to deal with asses. =p

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

No I was pushing ds2's wheelchair (he is autistic and runs off and I can't take him to the store myself without putting him in his chair) and dd was far enough ahead not to hear her...so I let it be but as you can probably tell I am not happy...and as for the ass hole...well from 2 lanes away he probably didn't realize that she is 14! and yes definitely more problems than it is worth in the end...but I can imagine...right? ;)

melliburger
by Melli on May. 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM

It looks great :)

jryberg
by Jaime on May. 16, 2013 at 6:47 AM
She did a great job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)