Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

My new necklace

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Jen
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

A few years ago I dabbled in jewelry and my grandma sent me up a few stones one year while she was wintering in Arizona. I didn't know what to do with them, I hadn't really been working with stones and I knew I wanted to do something special. Well grandma passed away a couple years ago, I no longer dabble in jewelry but I have a friend who does. I gave her this stone a couple days ago and asked her if she could do anything with it. She got super excited about it and I told her if she was able to do something simple please let me know how much it would be so I could save up some money.

Well she brought me the necklace yesterday and quite frankly the picture does not do it justice. She went above and beyond what I was hoping for and it turned out beautifully. To top it off she knew money has been super tight for us and that the stone means a lot to me so instead of money as payment she wants cuttings from the herbs in our greenhouse :) I'm in heaven. I'm sorry for how long this post has gotten I'm just so excited and happy :)
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM

It's absolutely gorgeous!

AriannasMommy84
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM
that is beautiful!
fiddlerbird555
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

That is a lovely piece. I've always liked semi-precious stones -- they have such individual character.

northernmommy
by Jen on May. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM

i had no idea what kind of stone it was, my grandma never told me but my friend said it was called a poppy jasper. i just love how the colors of the stone work with eachother. the small stones she added are also jasper

Quoting fiddlerbird555:

That is a lovely piece. I've always liked semi-precious stones -- they have such individual character.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM
It is beautiful!#!
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM
It is beautiful!#!
looneymom424
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

It is beautiful

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Very nice!

melliburger
by Melli on May. 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM

So pretty and sweet of your friend :)

dalbax2
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I really like it.  It is very unusual and is sure to get alot of compliments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)