Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

So I have an odd experience on etsy and want opinions

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM
  • 17 Replies
I had someone order a clutch from me I think it was March 24? Anyways I shipped it March 30 and it shows delivered April 4th. She files a claim with Etsy mid April saying she never received it. Before I could even respond Etsy closed the claim in my favor. Probably because tracking showed delivered. This customer never contacted me about this. Not even after Eysy closed her claim.

Today I get this message from her

I never received this item and now I've been blocked from filing a report. I will be notifying Etsy.

Ok so I am not sure if she is trying to file another claim or leave feedback or what. I am assuming she thinks I somehow blocked her from doing whatever it is she is trying to do. I really don't understand why she has not contacted me before now. I mean she didn't even contact me to let me know: hey I see you shipped this but I never got it. Just seems odd.

So I message her this back. This is the first time I have messaged her and she messaged me about this.

Hi Kelly. I have nothing to so with you being blocked from filing anything. I did see that you filed a claim with them but Etsy handles all of that and did not request any information from me. In fact, by the time I saw the claim they already stopped it. I'm assuming its because it shows it was delivered to you on April 4th.

Have you checked with neighbors, your post man, and your local post office? I would suggest doing that because there may be a chance it's sitting at the post office or they accidentally delivered it to the wrong address. That's why I suggest checking with neighbors. In my area my neighbors and I tend to get each others mail every so often.

Please let me know what Etsy suggests for you and what information you get after checking with your post office and neighbors.!

I mean I'm in the kind if mood that if she really did not get it and has checked what I mentioned above then I would send her another. Even though its $30 order. I just don't get why she isn't contacting me -until now- about this. I responded to her within 5 minutes of this message and still heard nothing back.

How would you handle this? Any advice? I've got a picture of her clutch and the date it was made. I always take pictures. Obviously it was shipped to her. Now I don't know if the post office someone messed up but she. IMO, is acting like doing something wrong here.

by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 19, 2013 at 2:15 AM

That is super strange! If I ordered something and it never arrived I'd be contacting the seller and trying to work it out. It sounds like she just wants the money or a new item with no questions asked.

I would wait to see her response. If Etsy already made their decision that's not on you and I think you're doing everything within reason to be accomodating. I would be doing almost exactly what you're doing.

VintageWife
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Wow, why would she assume that sellers had any kind of controls on Etsy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emersonsmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a friend who sells online regularly. She has had multiple times where people claim not to have gotten their stuff but as soon as she says something about it showing delivered they stop bugging her about it. Tells you they were just trying to get a refund with the items in hand.
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM
She may be new to buying online, and didn't know how to contact you. I would offer her free shipping on her next order but let her know once it leaves your hands, unfortunately there's nothing you can do once you mark it as mailed, it becomes a postal problem. I would not immediately assume she is a scammer or lying.
jridgill
by Jennifer on May. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not assuming she's lying but she is definitely not new to etsy. She sent several convos to me about the order before placin it and has 32 feedbacks on her account. Like I said, I am in the mood to just replace it for her I she contacted me before now. I even insure all my packages now because of past experiences and I pay for that out of my pocket with no increase on the shipping for my customers. But in this case it wouldn't even help because it shows delivered. I hope he takes my advice and talks with her post office, mail man, and neighbors. But that was so long ago that she may not get anywhere now :(

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

She may be new to buying online, and didn't know how to contact you. I would offer her free shipping on her next order but let her know once it leaves your hands, unfortunately there's nothing you can do once you mark it as mailed, it becomes a postal problem. I would not immediately assume she is a scammer or lying.
dalbax2
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM

This happened to me a few yrs back on Ebay.  Ordered 60.00 worth of yarn from a lady and stupidly did not pay extra for insurance or tracking.  Needless to say I never received the yarn and she claimed she sent it.  You have proof it was delivered so not sure what can be done.  Hopefully she asks questions to try to find out what happened.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM

This sounds fishy to me. It sounds like she is trying to get free product by claiming to have never received the product. If I do not get something I contact the person directly (if feasible) and then if they do not respond in a reasonable time frame I will contact the site directly for help. I would also first check with the neighbors and the post office as well...that only makes sense.

SabrinaLC
by on May. 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

That is strange.

I had someone order a bracelet.  They later contacted me because they never received it even though the post office says it was delivered.  I state on my page that once the package leaves my house it is out of my hands.  She hasn't said anything else about it but I'm pretty sure she wants a replacement.  

I suggested she ask around, neighbors, post office, etc...  

lizard3731
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I think you're handling things well.  She is acting like you did something wrong, but you have proof it was delivered, so she needs to let it go.  BTW, I had an ebay customer contact me to tell me the package I mailed her was stolen off her porch, so maybe that happened in this case, too.

mommytohuddy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I was thinking this as well....

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN