Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crochet help needed added some thing else too

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am making a baby set and on the head band I have to add horns some thing like this any ideas

They do not have to be 3D just some what the same shape every thing I start ends up looking wrong to me

Also trying to crochet a D that looks like this any ideas I have the I part its curved D part I am stuch on

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajacristal
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Im thinking you could add a little wire inside when they are stuffed in order for the horns to hold shape

kikyo1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

yeah the only problem with that is they are going on a head band so they wouldn't be stuff and I am having issues getting the basic shape down as the two sets I am doing are the first patterns I am making up on my own

Quoting ajacristal:

Im thinking you could add a little wire inside when they are stuffed in order for the horns to hold shape

mommy024
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
kikyo1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM

thanks it looks like I am just going to have to try and do stuffed horns hmmm

Quoting mommy024:

Not sure but this might help...http://driftingcosmos.blogspot.com/2012/12/wily-wednesdays-crochet-demoness-horns.html

ajacristal
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

okay Ive done something like that D before hopefully I can explain what I did lol. make a chain and then kinda fold it in the shape you want it. Right where you want the curves to be place a marker and when you start to single crochet along that chain do two crochets in the stitches with the markers that will create the bend. As you keep going if its not square enough add more crochets in the curve stitch. Hope you understand that. I can totally see it working in my head its hard to explain though. Check out the upper part around the nose thats where I did this and it sorta looks like a D

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kikyo1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks that did help I think I just saw a way to do it in my head with the idea you had awesome thanks

Quoting ajacristal:

okay Ive done something like that D before hopefully I can explain what I did lol. make a chain and then kinda fold it in the shape you want it. Right where you want the curves to be place a marker and when you start to single crochet along that chain do two crochets in the stitches with the markers that will create the bend. As you keep going if its not square enough add more crochets in the curve stitch. Hope you understand that. I can totally see it working in my head its hard to explain though. Check out the upper part around the nose thats where I did this and it sorta looks like a D

MissElissa21
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM

A fat curly cable for the horns. For the D, I would make the shape from chains and single crochets until it was the right shape and sew it on.

cowgirls10181
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM
In knitting you could use short rows it wil make it curve not sure you can do short rows in crochet. Bump
kikyo1
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Thanks for the help

Quoting MissElissa21:

A fat curly cable for the horns. For the D, I would make the shape from chains and single crochets until it was the right shape and sew it on.

kikyo1
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM

yeah some time I think knitting it would be easier but some time it just takes me so long and I have to have this ready this after noon

Quoting cowgirls10181:

In knitting you could use short rows it wil make it curve not sure you can do short rows in crochet. Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)