Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another Shipping Set Up Q re: Storenvy

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to set up shipping so I can activate my store. 

First, can I refuse to ship outside the US?  I'm just not ready for that.  I posted in FAQs I don't, but not sure how to make sure I don't get any requests that I'll have to refund.

Second:  I want to be able to offer free local pick up BY APPOINTMENT, however, after reviewing the FAQ, it looks like it's a hassle with the opportunity to miss shipping (should I put that in each item description??)  and possibly losing out on sales with the hassle.

Any thoughts?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MissElissa21
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM

You can add a group that is free shipping and only use it when creating a listing for a custom order. Put the availablilty for custom orders in the product description as well as in your store description. Something like "custom orders accepted, please contact seller to place a custom order." Then you create a listing for that person to purchase.

Also put something in the shipping information on the item that says "Local pick up, by appointment, contact seller." You can adjust the listing later to change the shipping group to the free shipping group you use for custom orders. You would want to have these finalized with contact from the buyer before changing the listing as to not have someone scoop in purchase it thinking it's just free shipping.

It's a minor hassle on your part, but if they don't want to pay shipping because they want to pick it up, then they will contact you. Just make it easy for them to get in contact with you and respond promptly.

melliburger
by Melli on May. 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM

If you don't have the option set up then they can't buy the item. Or set the outside the u.s. shipping to liek $100 or another extreme amount that no one would buy an item for. Or put in each listing that you do not ship outside the US.

RutterMama
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Yes, you can deny postage outside the US. And you can put it in the item description.
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Why would you want to not sell internationally? Some of my BEST customers are international and it brings in a few extra hundred dollars a year to sell internationally.

Either way, I posted this on your other reply, but here is the video that shows you how to set up all the shipping features on Storenvy. You can NOT not sell to international customers, but you can rachet your price up and state in every listing that you don't ship internationally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EblSBDp8oBA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)