Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Craft Related, but shipping and claim related...

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

I ordered a school book online from a vendor on Amazon. 

Yesterday I got an empty package.  I contacted the vendor (individual, not company) through Amazon and said that I hoped it was a mistake and my book was on the way, I would be willing to pay postage once book received.

The response was less than pleasant, and no where near professional.  (And considering this is a field-related school book, I highly doubt their education and future job prospects now that they have me so upset.)

The package price is for media mail, no tracking, and I'm thinking they didn't seal the package at the PO, just weighed it and shipped empty.  There is a tracking sticker on the package, but when I look it up, it says not available on this site (USPS, the label even identifies it as USPS).  Its 22 digits, and a little research says its from a commercial print and ship machine, not necessarily the USPS.

I know on some sites if the seller states they sent the item, have a receipt, or a tracking number, the site sides with the seller.  Do you think I should even bother with filing my claim?  Totally lost here, not to mention frustrated with the seller's responses and the money I spent trying to get the book.

What do you think?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on May. 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

wow! I have no idea. :-( Might be worth a try to file a claim. Good luck with whatever you decide. 

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

emersonsmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Call Amazon and actually talk to a person.
jas_momof2
See you all on the flip side! Bye!
Yesterday at 9:20 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM

If they have proof they mailed it and it arrived empty sounds like a post office claim...

eFreak23
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I would file a claim with Amazon.  When I had a problem, they were wonderful.  

melliburger
by Melli on May. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Call amazon definitely.

jazi1105
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
The tracking number sticker is applied at the post office...it's a control measure they use now. It should say how much it weighed at time of pickup on the label where the postage amount is. If it says a weight that would correspond with a book's weight, then it would be an issue with the post office. You can file a claim through their site. I have personally been dealing with several stolen/"missing" packages thanks to USPS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I would contact Amazon!! This is awful!
Firenygirl180
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I would call the post office in the morning and talk with them. They can use your tracking number and look in their system to see where the package has been. I would also file a claim with Amazon. And leave feedback for the seller about the rudeness.

I had a package that was going back and forth for a month because it had the wrong zip code on it. The post office was very helpful.
northernmommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Does your package say how much the postage was or whether it was shipped media mail or not? Was the package open or damaged in any way?

Firenygirl180
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Also take a picture of the package. Was it sealed when it arrived? Damaged? Or just empty. If they weighed it some place other than the post office they could have easily placed the item on the scale to get the weight but not packaged it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)