Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hooray for button holes! *title edited to avoid confusion :)*

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

My first-ever sewing project with buttons and buttonholes! A roll-up baby play blanket made from remnants and fabric I had around the house. This is the first time I've used the buttonhole thingy on the sewing machine I've had for 10 years. Lol

by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 29, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

awesome...so cute

jnich4
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM

That is adorable!!! Isn't is an awesome feeling using the button hole thing for the first time? My mom got me a new machine for my birthday last year, I have to learn the new button hole foot. 

Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this
You can tell what kind of day I am having... I read your title as "hooray for buttholes" lol. Nice project though!
giabean27
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM

It was actually not that hard. I didn't even measure, but don't tell anyone! :-)

Quoting jnich4:

That is adorable!!! Isn't is an awesome feeling using the button hole thing for the first time? My mom got me a new machine for my birthday last year, I have to learn the new button hole foot. 

giabean27
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Well, those, too, I guess. I mean, what would we do without buttholes? lol

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

You can tell what kind of day I am having... I read your title as "hooray for buttholes" lol. Nice project though!

CrystalYaris
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:02 PM

lol I did the same thing!! I had to do a double take

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

CrystalYaris
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That is very cute. If (big IF) I decide for another baby, I'm totally making one! I've made a blanket for my first, and I will do it again the second comes along. This idea searves a better purpose as the one I made was crochet and was not ever used other than decoration.

melliburger
by Melli on May. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

whoohoo! :) how great!

emersonsmommy
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Nice! What are the finished dimensions?
RutterMama
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I *SO* did not read the title of this post the right way at first!! That is cute!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)