Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are a gardener and re-purposer you might enjoy this little craft.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 1 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been trying to find ways to get crafty and reuse old juice bottles. I hate waste and I try to buy things that I can reuse the containers. Well I can reuse only so many bottles for water or other drinks but I was getting so many of them and I wanted to find something else to do with them.  So I started thinking I need flower pots to start my seeds and I started cutting the bottle in half and turning the top upside down.  It locks in place because of the way the bottle is molded and it makes a perfect pot. But that isn't the only benefit.

I also forget to water my plants way too often and usually end up loosing most of them before I even get them growing well.  One day I accidently over filled one I had planted a spider plant in and rather than dumping it I figured oh well.  To my surpeise it became an automatic watering system. 

I have tried this with seeds and seedlings and they never get too dry and I dont forget to water because I only have to do it once a week.  My mother keeps saying I will have root rot but I have had the spider plant in this one for 6 months now and it loves it. 

Like I said dont know if anyone is a gardener as well but this was a great "free" craft that took me about 10 seconds each and they are reuse able once you are done or if you are giving plants as gifts you dont have to spend a lot of money on pots.

And if you crochet or macrame these little plant hangers are super easy I just made mine to fit snugly and that took about 5 minutes to make so have fun and enjoy crafting and planting

Anyway just my 2 cents for the day :)

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

THat's great :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)