Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Passport to Summer Challenge Day 1: Father's Day Surprise!

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this

The best gifts are from the heart!  Handmade gifts are the most memorable especially when you receive them from kids. Today's challenge is to have your kids craft Father's Day gifts for their dad and/or grandfathers.

Here are some crafty gift ideas:

Personalized mug-  You'll need any color sharpie and a porcelain mug you don't mind permanently altering. If you don't have a mug you can find super cheap mugs from the dollar store that will work too. Have your kids draw or write messages on the surface of the mug and then bake it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Let them cool completely before using or washing.

A "piece of my heart" frame- Either buy an inexpensive puzzle at the store or grab a puzzle from your house that's hardly used or missing pieces and turn it into a special gift. Have your kids color or paint the puzzle pieces. Then help them arrange the pieces to make a frame. Your kids can then either add a picture of themselves or color inside of the puzzle frame to make a special artwork for dad.

Popsicle stick frame- Let your kids color or paint popsicle sticks and glue them together to make a frame. Once the frames are dry have your kids decorate them adding their personal touch. They can use glitter, stickers, pom poms, or whatever else you have at home. Add a picture to the frame and write the date on the back!

scrapbooking

Do your kids usually craft gifts or cards for people?  What have been some of the handmade gifts they've made in the past? Share pictures if you have them!

If you haven't signed up for the Passport to Summer Challenge, you can do so here!

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM

She always makes cards, and her Daddy will appreciate it much more than an expensive store bought card!

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
We will do our Father's Day crafts tomorrow. Today we are off to celebrate a graduation in our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackief2285
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My son and I made this for my mom for Mother's Day. Its more art then craft, but with a little one they're so cute :)
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My dd likes to make her own gifts and cards.  She makes suncatchers, magnets, paints birdhouses, etc.

kerryket
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM
My son made a puzzle frame in school, it's really cute:-)
kerryket
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
We like homemade gifts around here, they're from the heart.
Lydlou02
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM
The girls are drawing cards. And we'll go out for dinner or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Tuesday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM

They use to make all sorts of hand made gifts when they were in school :)
t

Bmat
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Yes, they make cards all the time for people. I'd say one of the nicest gifts was to my husband- the younger son made a duck plaque. I still have it.

sanj1213
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Ds hasn't made any. We'll be working on that soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)