Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

HELP

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 8 Replies

My sis just found out she's prego for baby #2 and i want to make a baby blanket. Anybody have an EASY knitting pattern for one?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM

What about just making your own? I'm working on my first baby blanket now...actually it will be my first finished knitting project ever. I decided to just make my own pattern since I'm new to it so that I can knit in my comfort zone. 

So far its working out great and I just kinda make it up as I go :)

GL

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I think the easiest would be large needles/chunky yarn/quickest stitch you know

lace-n-heels
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL honestly? I never thought of doing that. I learned on patterns and have never tried making my own stuff up on knitting...good idea

Quoting 3kidz123:

What about just making your own? I'm working on my first baby blanket now...actually it will be my first finished knitting project ever. I decided to just make my own pattern since I'm new to it so that I can knit in my comfort zone. 

So far its working out great and I just kinda make it up as I go :)

GL

lace-n-heels
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM

yeah i figured the large needles.... but chunky yarn is good too as long as its nice and soft...

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I think the easiest would be large needles/chunky yarn/quickest stitch you know

billssweety
by Cyndi on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I always try to do a "car seat blanket", something just big enough for a car seat so it won't hang down.  People always get full size and they have to fold and such or they hang and drag, but it you make it to fit the car seat it seems more helpful.

lace-n-heels
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM

OMG that is such a good idea!!!

Quoting billssweety:

I always try to do a "car seat blanket", something just big enough for a car seat so it won't hang down.  People always get full size and they have to fold and such or they hang and drag, but it you make it to fit the car seat it seems more helpful.

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM
There are a ton of patterns on ravelry.com - just do a pattern search for "quick baby blanket" or something like that. :)
happydays62
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Just make her a plain yellow ,or any baby colors, or you could do stripes . Do you know how change from one color to the next color ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)