Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Gift's...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

I saw a post about when do people start shopping or saving and it got me thinking about those who make their gifts.

Who here plans to make gifts this year?

When do you pick out your projects and when will you actually start them?

I will probably start thinking about it and picking out projects soon but won't actually start them till we have some more freadom with our money :)

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kumora
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
i do it, usually i give drawings, an i usually try to make sure i always have a way to at least record my inspirations so i can work on it all year
othermom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually bake cookies and goodies for christmas. I might make my girls something for christmas

jridgill
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I try to make almost every person on my list a little something. I told myself last year that this year I would start on July. We will see how the goes :)
christydwiggins
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I do every year. I think this year is going to a a jar of home made cookies for the kids. I just got to find something for my grandmother. She might get her own special cookies too, just not sure yet. 

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I have already started on one. I usually start choosing around now and finish between Oct. and the first week of Dec. for stuff I am going to make!

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm about to start on Xmas gifts after I finish my current project.  I'm going to make Christmas ornaments, pendants, pillows, a no-sew blanket, etc.

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I won't be making many gifts. There are family members that don't appreciate handmade adn I'd rather not waste my time and efforts on people who don't appreciate it.

jryberg
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i make some gifts for friends and work with my daughter to make gifts for her teachers but it's not a big list so we don't start until November usually. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)