Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

selling crafts?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
  • 20 Replies

does anyone sell any fo their crafts? and if so do you make decent money doing it?

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I did last year during Christmas time for a little extra spending cash and made close to $300 just for making a few candy jars.

Hanab818
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Do you have any pics?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I did last year during Christmas time for a little extra spending cash and made close to $300 just for making a few candy jars.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Those two I made for Christmas time

Then I also made a few of these mini ones for Halloween and they sold well too.

Quoting Hanab818:

Do you have any pics?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Hanab818
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Those are so adorable!

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Quoting Hanab818:

Do you have any pics?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Thanksss! I didn't think they'd be a hit but everyone wanted one at the last minute, so I was a hard working little elf in my shop 2 weeks before Xmas lol

Quoting Hanab818:

Those are so adorable!

AshleyOh7
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Those are so cute! How do you sell them (like, online market like Etsy, craft fairs, storefront, etc)?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Quoting Hanab818:

Do you have any pics?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Thankkksss! 

I *had* a shop open on Etsy and sold a few on there. But, a lot went to friends of friends, that either had kids (so they bought them as teacher's gifts) or people that bought them for their parents/grandparents.

I might try doing it again this year. The twins' birthday falls in December right before Xmas so a bit of extra money would be totally awesome!

Quoting AshleyOh7:

Those are so cute! How do you sell them (like, online market like Etsy, craft fairs, storefront, etc)?

AshleyOh7
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Ah, ok. Well good luck! That must be tough for you guys to have TWO birthdays so close to a major gifting holiday!

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Thankkksss! 

I *had* a shop open on Etsy and sold a few on there. But, a lot went to friends of friends, that either had kids (so they bought them as teacher's gifts) or people that bought them for their parents/grandparents.

I might try doing it again this year. The twins' birthday falls in December right before Xmas so a bit of extra money would be totally awesome!

Quoting AshleyOh7:

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Thanks very much! And yes it is, but we make it work. 

Quoting AshleyOh7:

Ah, ok. Well good luck! That must be tough for you guys to have TWO birthdays so close to a major gifting holiday!

Lousje
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I make decent at craft fairs, hopefully my etsy shop will get some more sales soon :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)