Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Passport to Summer Challenge Day 11: Fourth of July Flare!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 62 Replies

Combine the images of Independence Day with your children's imagination to create the perfect Fourth of July crafts.

Fourth of July Star Wand- For this craft you'll need popsicle sticks, glue, red, white, and blue construction paper, & red and blue ribbon. First cut the construction paper into large red stars, medium blue stars, and small white stars. Layer and glue the red stars on the bottom, then blue, and then white. Glue the stars to a popsicle stick and tie the ribbon around the stick.

Fireworks- For this craft all you need is a dark piece of construction paper, glitter, and glue. Squeeze the glue bottle to make fireworks designs. Then sprinkle glitter over top of the glue and shake off the excess glitter!

Popsicle Stick Flag- Help your kids glue 8 popsicle sticks together on a piece of paper or cardboard. Let them alternate coloring or painting the popsicle sticks red and white. Cut a blue rectangle out of paper or foam and glue it to the top left corner of the flag. Add sequins, rhinestones, or paper stars onto the blue rectangle.

july 4th

Do you have plans for 4th of July? Do you usually go to see the fireworks? What types have 4th of July crafts have you done with your kids?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity. If you haven't signed up for the Passport to Summer Challenge, you can do so here!

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shishie
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM
We watch from the bridge by the house
JoyJoy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
We go to my uncles for a bbq and walk down to the beach to watch the fireworks.
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM
We'll probably get sparklers. Firecracker laws are strict here.
ablackdolphin
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM

We always go to a local parade, it's usually 2 - 2.5 hrs long in the hot hot sun!  Last year we made flag pins so I  need to come up with something for this year!  We will go to fireworks this year in our town.

cutestmom24
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Yes,im taking my dd to.go see.monsters university and at night im thinking of going to the beach.to see the fire works.
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM
We have to travel about half an hour away. But they put on a good show.
cutestmom24
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Yes,im taking my dd to.go see.monsters university and at night im thinking of going to the beach.to see the fire works.i havnt done any crafts with my dd but this yr i got.her a fourth of July coloring book so we have been doing that.
Bmat
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM

These are cute ideas, especially for an older toddler. Thank you.  We don't go see the fireworks since the crowds got rowdy.

wintersdaughter
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM
We'll go watch fireworks after a parade and a day at the park
aneela
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

might get together with a friend for a cookout..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN