Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Passport to Summer Challenge Day 12: Craft Camping Fun!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 62 Replies

The summer is full of fun activities including camping! Today's challenge is to make campfire inspired crafts with your kids!

Tissue paper campfire- For this craft you'll need glue, brown construction paper, orange and red tissue paper. First, have your kids roll up pieces of the brown construction paper to make logs. Next, apply a thin line of glue to one edge. Then press the other edge on top of it. Crumpled or twist the orange and red tissue paper to make flames. Glue the flames to the logs to finish the campfire craft!

Painted walking sticks- For this craft all you'll need is paint, a paintbrush, and a large stick. Have your kids go on a mini scavenger hunt to find the perfect walking stick. Then give them paint, a paint brush, and let them decorate their walking stick.

Hand print campfire- For this craft, you'll need brown paper, white paper, orange and red paint. Have your kids start by tearing brown construction paper into strips. They can then glue the stripes to the bottom of white paper, overlapping each other to make logs. Have your kids stick their hands in orange and red paint and pressed their hands above the logs to make hand print flames.

butterfly on head

Have you ever gone camping with your family? Do you have plans to go this summer? What is your favorite camping memory?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity. If you haven't signed up for the Passport to Summer Challenge, you can do so here!

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bob192
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM

We love to camp.  It is just a fun time when we can be together without all the distractions.  My kids love to make walking sticks!  When they use them they will talk about when they made them and they last a long time.

ablackdolphin
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM

We never camped but my parents moved to their cabin when they retired and we visit often!

AspensMama1537
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM
We love camping!
sahmw2010
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
We love camping. We just spent 2 weeks camping (though this time was in a camper)
sanj1213
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I've never been camping. It's something we'll definitely consider in the near future. 

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

We go camping often. I have many fond memories of camping

wintersdaughter
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

We;re going camping for our first time as a family next weekend!

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Yes plans to go . smores around the campfire ... yum

Lionpaw
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I have never taken my girls camping yet. I would like to this summer or next. :)
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I haven't taken either of my kids camping. By the time my dd was old enough I was pregnant with ds. Maybe in a couple more years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)