Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

All over the place?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies! I haven't been around in this group lately as I got busy with finishing up school. I graduated in May and not only have I been unable to find a job in my field, but I also found out I am pregnant. So I have started toying with the idea of selling my crafts again.

I was just wondering what your opinions are- is it better to stick to one niche or do multiple things? I have a large range of things that I make.

I sew children's and women's clothing, I hand embroider bibs, I make hair bows, I make Barbie clothes and have started working on Barbie furniture, I make home decorations, and I would love to get into jewelry making. Is that too all over the place? I just get bored doing the same things over and over again.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

What if youi started a shop and then started to narrow it down with what sells best?  I make cards, vinyl creations, chunky necklaces, and metal stamping.  I'm finding that my metal stamping does best locally but that my vinyl creations do okay online.

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I would offer what you are good at and sells the most. I can make tons of things but I have found that most I don't enjoy doing so if I do them I will only make as gifts or my kids. I'm up for anything once! LOL

Good luck and congrats!!
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I would sell the things you are best at making, have the most experinece in, and also will not get burned out on quickly. There are a lot of things to consider so good luck on it! and congrats on your pregnancy! and for graduating! Where did you graduate from?

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Thanks! I got an associates in paralegal studies from my local community college. I guess with the economy many new lawyers are taking paralegal work because they can't get work as a lawyer, ugh. I am also starting my bachelor's in the fall!

Quoting melliburger:

I would sell the things you are best at making, have the most experinece in, and also will not get burned out on quickly. There are a lot of things to consider so good luck on it! and congrats on your pregnancy! and for graduating! Where did you graduate from?

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM

What will your bachelor's be in?!

I'm an online student, I'm going for a Bachelor's in Psychology

Quoting gina6239:

Thanks! I got an associates in paralegal studies from my local community college. I guess with the economy many new lawyers are taking paralegal work because they can't get work as a lawyer, ugh. I am also starting my bachelor's in the fall!

Quoting melliburger:

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

LOL, I am getting my bachelor's in Psychology as well! I am going to a non-traditional school where I will take some classes online and others as independant studies. My plan is to get a Master's in Mental Health Counseling. What do you plan to do with your degree?

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting gina6239:

Quoting melliburger:

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I would really like to work with children, Either as a school counselor or something. I haven't totally decided and may even try to work at a hospital. As long as I get to help people I think I"d be happy.

Quoting gina6239:

LOL, I am getting my bachelor's in Psychology as well! I am going to a non-traditional school where I will take some classes online and others as independant studies. My plan is to get a Master's in Mental Health Counseling. What do you plan to do with your degree?

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting gina6239:

Quoting melliburger:

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Me too! :)

Quoting melliburger:

I would really like to work with children, Either as a school counselor or something. I haven't totally decided and may even try to work at a hospital. As long as I get to help people I think I"d be happy.

Quoting gina6239:

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting gina6239:

Quoting melliburger:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)