Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Barbie and Ken need clothes!!!! lol

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

I need patterns or templates to make clothing for both Barbie and Ken. I'm tired of them getting to run around naked all day. :)  They do have some clothes but alot are battered and torn. Both Ken's only have a pair of shorts. I'm looking for pants, shorts for both B and K and then dresses/skirts for B.

Where can I find FREE patterns.

Thank you!!

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dorra
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

BUMP!

Dorra
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

BUMP!

Dorra
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

BUMP!

cowgirls10181
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM
My mom might still have some, she made me barbie clothes once, said it was a pain doing the small stiches. Make sure you hem before stiching up the sides, on the legs and arms of the tops.

If you have some old clothes for them cut them on the seam or seam rip them, lay the old fabric down trace it, add seam allowance, and now you have a pattern. I dont have a barbie or ken to make a pattern for you, but could if I had one of each.
Dorra
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I've been using all their old clothes. I kept the bottom half of the gurls jeans when I made the shorts so that Ken has jeans. Lol

I've tried laying Ken down on paper and tracing his outline leaving enough for seam allowance. The shorts turned out ok. Was kind of a tight fit.

Quoting cowgirls10181:

My mom might still have some, she made me barbie clothes once, said it was a pain doing the small stiches. Make sure you hem before stiching up the sides, on the legs and arms of the tops.

If you have some old clothes for them cut them on the seam or seam rip them, lay the old fabric down trace it, add seam allowance, and now you have a pattern. I dont have a barbie or ken to make a pattern for you, but could if I had one of each.
cowgirls10181
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM
For the shorts did you stich them the way our shorts or pants are stiched or just a simple U for the center legs and croch?

Quoting Dorra:

I've been using all their old clothes. I kept the bottom half of the gurls jeans when I made the shorts so that Ken has jeans. Lol

I've tried laying Ken down on paper and tracing his outline leaving enough for seam allowance. The shorts turned out ok. Was kind of a tight fit.

Quoting cowgirls10181:

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Did you try google? I would try searching there.
Dorra
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
No I forgot to account for the hips. Lol it made a very tight fit around the hips but everywhere else fit fine. My sewing machine was down and I had to hand stitch everything.

Quoting cowgirls10181:

For the shorts did you stich them the way our shorts or pants are stiched or just a simple U for the center legs and croch?

Quoting Dorra:

Quoting cowgirls10181:

cowgirls10181
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I dislike hand sewing! But will do it if necessary. Okay.

Quoting Dorra:

No I forgot to account for the hips. Lol it made a very tight fit around the hips but everywhere else fit fine. My sewing machine was down and I had to hand stitch everything.

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Quoting Dorra:

Quoting cowgirls10181:

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Google! And Pinterest! there are tons!

You could also look up Blythe, Pullip or other 1:12 scale dolls. Patterns from all these dolls will fit each toher :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN