Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

DH is going to think I'm crazy

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

But we're going on a trip next week, we're planning on going to the beach one day while we're there, I'm packing a mason jar lol. I want to get sand and some shells and stuff with the boys to make vacation memory jars that I saw on pinterest :) He'll probably roll his eyes at me or something, but whatever haha. I think they're cute so I'm going to do it 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by Jennifer on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I've seen those and I think they are adorable!
kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM

We don't get to take vacations often and this is the first time DS5 will be going to the beach with us (he's been with his dads family) and the first time for my younger 2. We're also going to an aquarium while we're there so I'm trying to come up something to do for that too since none of them have ever been and it's not something we'll get to do often at  all :)

Quoting jridgill:

I've seen those and I think they are adorable!

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Have fun :) That sounds like a great souvenir!

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I think it's great! For the aquarium you could do one of those display frames (boxes) with their picture in the background and the tickets and maybe a brochure tucked inside.
Have fun!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

It's ok my husband thinks I'm nuts daily! For Christmas I want to make the kids knitted super hero capes...3 boy capes and two girl capes (one of the boy capes is for my brother who's 8). For the new baby I'll probably knit something for it too...if she's a girl I'll do tiny tutu's and if it's a boy I'm not sure what yet. Everytime I mention a new project my hubby rolls his eyes and walks away. lol

lizard3731
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That appeals to my craftinees as well as my cheapness.  :)

GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM
When I start talking about a project my SO given me this look that says " you're cute. Cute like this is how I would look at a 3 yr old who just told me she flew to the moon and picked flowers. You know that right" lol. At least he humors me.

Quoting 3kidz123:

It's ok my husband thinks I'm nuts daily! For Christmas I want to make the kids knitted super hero capes...3 boy capes and two girl capes (one of the boy capes is for my brother who's 8). For the new baby I'll probably knit something for it too...if she's a girl I'll do tiny tutu's and if it's a boy I'm not sure what yet. Everytime I mention a new project my hubby rolls his eyes and walks away. lol

othermom
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Although my kids usually bring back enough sand in their shoes alone.

jryberg
by Jaime on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a great keepsake

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds so neat!

I husband thinks I'm nuts daily. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)