Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Crochet Baby Set *New pics on pg 2*

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
3 moms liked this

I spent last night working on something for the baby. It'll be the first thing I've made for this baby. :-) I made a hat and diaper cover set in honeydew green since we don't know the gender yet (4-6 more weeks! EEK!). I used an old pattern that I'd used before. I never really liked the pattern but it is easy and didn't require elastic. I didn't like how the green one turned out so I played around and tweaked it a little bit and then made the blue one which I like a lot more. So I'm going to make another green like that one. And once I get some more of that shade of blue, I'll make a matching hat and put it for sale in my shop. I should make a pink one too... Oh the ideas!!! LOL

They look so big in the pictures but they are so small in person. LOL These are 0-3 month size.

Update:

I finished the blue set, made a pink set, and made another set - a bunny set. They're so cute! I'll post the pics tomorrow. My project for tomorrow is to make  2 more hat/diaper cover sets (I have an idea for a couple of really cute sets, just have to work up some patterns), and a couple of new headbands. :-)

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Is crocheting faster then knitting? I've been working on a baby blanket for weeks now and the past two days I sat there knitting for hours and I'm still not done. I keep seeing the cutest crochet posts and people seem to just whip up the most adorable things in like a day! lol

I feel like knitting takes me so much longer.

Oh and your stuff is soooooooooooooo cute! I actually really like the green set :)

momof3inTN
by Barbie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quoting 3kidz123:

Is crocheting faster then knitting? I've been working on a baby blanket for weeks now and the past two days I sat there knitting for hours and I'm still not done. I keep seeing the cutest crochet posts and people seem to just whip up the most adorable things in like a day! lol

Oh and your stuff is soooooooooooooo cute! I actually really like the green set :)

Thanks! I like it... I just think I can make it even better. LOL I'm a perfectionist.

I think that crochet can be faster (but my mom makes knitting look like it's going at warp speed LOL). I don't know how to knit though.

I've been doing a lot of little, easy to work up projects lately. But I have also been working on a crochet Afghan for weeks it's still not done. I think it depends a lot on the project.

(Plus I work straight through and crochet for hours at a time to keep my hands busy... a couple years ago I used to smoke and crochet was what I did to replace my smoking habit and keep my hands moving... So now instead of smoking I sit and crochet non-stop.)

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm about to try and "whip up" a pair of baby pants...I really need that feeling of acomplishment. lol

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Thanks! I like it... I just think I can make it even better. LOL I'm a perfectionist.

I think that crochet can be faster (but my mom makes knitting look like it's going at warp speed LOL). I don't know how to knit though.

I've been doing a lot of little, easy to work up projects lately. But I have also been working on a crochet Afghan for weeks it's still not done. I think it depends a lot on the project.

(Plus I work straight through and crochet for hours at a time to keep my hands busy... a couple years ago I used to smoke and crochet was what I did to replace my smoking habit and keep my hands moving... So now instead of smoking I sit and crochet non-stop.)

jlm425
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

those are so cute! Great job!

jlm425
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM

where do you guys get your patterns from or do you just "eye" it?

Quoting 3kidz123:

I'm about to try and "whip up" a pair of baby pants...I really need that feeling of acomplishment. lol

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting 3kidz123:

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute!  I like the green set.

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I'm still learning to knit so my baby pants are off a pattern...normally I just google free patterns till I find what I want :)

Quoting jlm425:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting 3kidz123:

momof3inTN
by Barbie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I use crochetpatterncentral.com to find tons of free patterns. Mostly I just the patterns as a guide, I'm always changing things around... using different stitches, adding what I like... usually by the time I'm finished it bears little resemblance to the original pattern.

Quoting jlm425:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting 3kidz123:

jlm425
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! :)

Quoting momof3inTN:

I use crochetpatterncentral.com to find tons of free patterns. Mostly I just the patterns as a guide, I'm always changing things around... using different stitches, adding what I like... usually by the time I'm finished it bears little resemblance to the original pattern.

Quoting jlm425:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting 3kidz123:

jlm425
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Cool, thanks. :) I've done that a bit too.

Quoting 3kidz123:

I'm still learning to knit so my baby pants are off a pattern...normally I just google free patterns till I find what I want :)

Quoting jlm425:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting 3kidz123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)