Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Summer!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 15 Replies

How is your summer so far? Anything fun that you've done so far? Or are you going on vacation somewhere? how goes the crafting? :)

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrientalLily
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Sadly, summer hasn't been great. My mom has been really sick. However, she's on the mend! So summer still has potential to be great.
As for crafting, I'm learning to quilt. I'm hoping to be finished my first one next week and will be starting on a second one right after. Also, got back into my cross stitching but I'm a long way from being done the piece I'm working on.

How about you?
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom :( I hope she gets better quickly!

Be sure to post pics when you're done! I love looking at quilts.

We've been doing a lot of sitting about! today was super hot and we didn't even open the blinds in hope of keeping the house cooler. I'm trying to do a lot of crafting but homework puts a dent in it sometimes.

Quoting OrientalLily:

Sadly, summer hasn't been great. My mom has been really sick. However, she's on the mend! So summer still has potential to be great.
As for crafting, I'm learning to quilt. I'm hoping to be finished my first one next week and will be starting on a second one right after. Also, got back into my cross stitching but I'm a long way from being done the piece I'm working on.

How about you?

sonnyswoman75
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM
My summer has been boring. I have been concentrating on school and trying to find a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Start of Summer (and Z's 13th b-day) spent here

Rust.n.Gears
by Group Admin on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

So far we are doing really good.

I miss my guild which shuts down for the summer since the church is not air conditioned.

I have spent most of the summer at the campground with the kids and my spinning wheel. Yesterday kicked off the beginning of a spinning competition. I got two bobbins filled for my Frankenstein yarn.

I am currently working on my socks for yet another competition. I tend to do lots of those but they lead to some awesome prizes.

I need to make more time for taking photos (which I am really bad at) and posting them to my online boards and facebook. Maybe it is a good day to go to the park .... I like to use grass and the picnic tables for backdrop.

zboys
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Wow!  I like the festive yarn. 

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I miss my guild which shuts down for the summer since the church is not air conditioned.

I have spent most of the summer at the campground with the kids and my spinning wheel. Yesterday kicked off the beginning of a spinning competition. I got two bobbins filled for my Frankenstein yarn.

I am currently working on my socks for yet another competition. I tend to do lots of those but they lead to some awesome prizes.

I need to make more time for taking photos (which I am really bad at) and posting them to my online boards and facebook. Maybe it is a good day to go to the park .... I like to use grass and the picnic tables for backdrop.

zboys
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I went up north last weekend for a mini-vacation.  I've been working part-time and doing a few crafts.  It's been a relaxing summer.

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM

School work is never fun :( What kind of job are you looking for?

Quoting sonnyswoman75:

My summer has been boring. I have been concentrating on school and trying to find a job.

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

That looked like such a fun trip! :)

Quoting ZsMommy:

Start of Summer (and Z's 13th b-day) spent here

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Good to hear you're doing well! Hopefully when your guild meets back up you will all have fun stories to share with each otehr <3

I love that yarn! Love the colors and everything :D

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN