Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I may have gone off the crafting deep end...

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Dai
  • 39 Replies
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I got one of my yarn catalogs in the mail yesterday, and I couldn't stop ooh-ing and ah-ing over all the beautiful pictures of the yummy yarn.
Since I had just ordered yarn from this same distributor online, I didn't have any *practical* reason to keep the catalog, but I couldn't bear the thought of throwing away all those gorgeous pics! Soooooo my sleep deprived brain came up with the idea to cut out my favorites, buy dollar store frames, and then use the framed pictures to decorate my craft room once I finish the piano-to-desk transformation :)
Because this all occurred from midnight until 1am, I could only get as far as cutting them out... Damn Dollar General being closed at night! Don't they know there are insomniac crafters fiending for random supplies! Lol
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Burke11
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Great idea!
DaiTilley
by Dai on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ;)
I keep picturing my husband's expression when he gets up for work at 4am, goes downstairs, and sees the pile of pretties lol... He's really going to doubt my sanity this time!

Quoting Mrs.Burke11:

Great idea!

Mrs.Burke11
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Lol

Quoting DaiTilley:

Thanks ;)

I keep picturing my husband's expression when he gets up for work at 4am, goes downstairs, and sees the pile of pretties lol... He's really going to doubt my sanity this time!

Quoting Mrs.Burke11:

Great idea!

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

LMAO! OH Dai... OH silly Dai :D I LOVE this idea! Good luck getting frames tomorrow :)

whitleypittman
by whitley on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:09 AM
My husband would kill me.
DaiTilley
by Dai on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I'm wondering if I should put them in a file folder and wait until after the piano refurb is done... Just in case I end up staining it (want to make sure the frames coordinate with the desk color)
Lol

Quoting melliburger:

LMAO! OH Dai... OH silly Dai :D I LOVE this idea! Good luck getting frames tomorrow :)

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Oh... hmmmmm

I would save them!

Quoting DaiTilley:

I'm wondering if I should put them in a file folder and wait until after the piano refurb is done... Just in case I end up staining it (want to make sure the frames coordinate with the desk color)
Lol

Quoting melliburger:

jryberg
by Jaime on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
That is a great idea!
DaiTilley
by Dai on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Lol!! He's come home to much crazier, so I guess this time probably won't seem like TOO big a deal ;)

Quoting whitleypittman:

My husband would kill me.

DaiTilley
by Dai on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Thanks! I haven't cut anything out of a magazine since I was like twelve, but this should be a fun project ;)

Quoting jryberg:

That is a great idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN