Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

UPDATE!! trying my hand with a totally new, slightly intimidating, project...

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM
  • 9 Replies
UPDATE: so, the flip flops were a breeze! And turned out super cute! (photos on pg 1 of comments.) And I can change out the ribbon for foam straps or scarves or anything I want really. I'm happy with them. Now I have to wait til payday to get some shoe goo so I can make a pair of either flats or boat shoes. It was $4 at Walmart! A little more than I budgeted for, so it will have to wait til next Wednesday. I will post a second update when I get those done!

I'm going to make some shoes! I'm going to start simple with foam or cork flip flops, then work my way up to a cute pair of flats. I'm a little nervous! My problem with sewing is that my measurements never seem to be dead on. I'm anxious the shoes will be the same... Wish me luck. I'll post pictures when they're done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Ooohhhh!!! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! You are brave for trying this
melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! You can do it :)

looneymom424
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM

good luck!

AliciaScott88
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Please excuse my ugly feet, lol. Buy here is the first pair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliciaScott88
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Different view of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dstarr347
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hey, you did a great job! Was it as hard to make them as you expected or not too bad?

AliciaScott88
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! They were suuuper easy. Took me less than 10 minutes. I cheated a little though, I used a dollar store carpet rug thing instead of foam! Lol. But they are comfy, and cute, and cheap. My 3 favorite things! And I don't have to wrap them like I did, I was playing with them last night, and I can wear them like normal flip flops, or I can wrap them around the top of my feet and not my heel. I knotted the two pieces of ribbon between my toes and added beads. So cute. Then I undid them again! I love that I can have a different pair of sandals every day out of the same pair.

Quoting dstarr347:

Hey, you did a great job! Was it as hard to make them as you expected or not too bad?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)