Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I need Help

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 14 Replies

I need help trying to figure out how to decorate  a park pavilion for a wedding. The park is a puplic park with grass and trees. Our wedding colors are Watermelon Pink and Black. We are not just have our Reception there we are also have the ceremony there as well. So I need Things that will Tie in with both. We will be getting married and Noon. Then the reception will follow right after.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Tulle and bows on the columns. lots of flower petals around food platters or chaffing dishes.You could do real simple solkd color table cloths or checked ones for that BBQ feel with mason jars of wild flowers for center pieces.

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Is there a theme? Colors? Time of day?

I love those simple paper lanterns and/or strings of lights in white or the wedding colors. Maybe bunting in white or the wedding colors.

Here are a few sources of inspiration! (sorry, can't make clicky from my phone):

http://weddingaprilandsam.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/9/annie-and-evan-oxbow-park-forest-inspired-diy-wedding-jessica-hill-photography-oregon-weddings-and-beyond/

http://www.unitedwithlove.com/2012/10/17/casual-diy-wedding-in-leesburg-virginia/

http://diyweddingdecorations.org/lighting-for-outdoor-weddings/
melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM

There are lots of things to do. What kind of park is it (i.e. a beach park, regular grassa nd trees park?) and are there already designated areas? When we got married at a beach park there was a gazebo we used. We didnt' decorate but we could hvave.

devinsmama2011
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

The wedding colors are Watermelon Pink and black we are also having the ceremony there as well. The wedding is taking place at noon.

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Do you have a photo of the location?
devinsmama2011
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I can get a pic of it.

CafeMom Tickers
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Couple ideas with tulle, lanterns, and lights... Sorry, I know the drawings and pics aren't great. Lol
devinsmama2011
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

They are great I really like them and thank you for the help.

CafeMom Tickers
devinsmama2011
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I posted a picture of what it looks like in the post.

CafeMom Tickers
jryberg
by Jaime on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM

drapping'/wrapping with tulle and paper lanters would be cute, i also like the pictures I have seen to using helium balloons to make aisles - just put them in the ground using golf tees

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN