Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toy/Blanket Drive

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

My local Ronald McDonald house is going to rebuild a larger,better house on the campus where our local children's hospital is. They have helped us out more then once before we decided to move up here and didn't ask for a dime. I thought it would be nice to have a handmade blanket/toy drive for them. They are going to open up in 2014 ( I don't know the date yet) but I had the idea of taking alot of  hand made blankets and toys to them so they can pass them out to the families. They don't have any restrictions to anything ( just make sure it is comfortable and washable). If you would like to help please let me know. If you don't have time to crochet a blanket but you can whip up some squares and you would like to send them, I will be glad to put them together. If you sew and want to whip up some stuff animals and send them, I will put them up until they open them up. Please, lets flood them with warmth and love since they help out so many families on a daily base and not ask for anything in return. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
christydwiggins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM

BUMP!

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I will have to get back to you on this :) I need ot loo through my spare yarn and see if I can make a couple of hats!

prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I can't commit to anything yet but I may be able to make a few stuffed animals.
Jenn8604
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Not sure now.
Maybe a few people who crochet could do a few squares a piece w one size hook and a preset color scheme. And pass them to you to put together. Just a thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christydwiggins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:52 PM

The drop off isn't going to be until next year some time but I thought if somebody wanted to go ahead and start on something or send something we can get a head start on it :) 

cowgirls10181
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Awesome, they have helped out my brother n sister n law too. The one in baltimore! Im willing and able, have a quick crochet, knitted toy pattern i made that is not written! Ill see about stiching some! No garintee ill get them finished and mailed before then but will do my best. ( i am having sleep arm issues and trying to fix the issue so some days doing things is complicated)
littlecheifsmom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM
When in 2014 will they open? & where? I'm making kid capes, baby blocks and little blankets during Christmas time I can whip a few extras up.
christydwiggins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM

They are rebuilding close to the children's hospital here in augusta ga. I haven't heard a date for opening. They did the ground breaking yesterday

deeredone2
by Deedra on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I think this is a great idea!  I have several friends that have used the RM House.  I would love to help you out.  I could make a few colorful pillowcases so while the kids are in the hospital they have something bright and cheery to sleep on.  They could take it home with them when they leave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)