Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Idea I've Ever Had!!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay, maybe not the best, but I am pretty darn excited! I always make a Halloween costume for DD, but this year I am a little sad that she wants to be a kitty, only because it is way too easy.

So I have decided to make a costume for my baby bump! I am due in January, so it should be pretty big by then. I am going to dress it as a minion from Despicable Me! I am super excited!

Has anyone every dressed up your baby bump before?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love to see pics when you are done with that.

dalbax2
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

All mine were born before Halloween.

ZsMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I hope my friend doesn't mind me sharing her pics-this is from another group --She made this shirt for a Halloween party/Gender reveal party

Here's the instructions:

I did freezer paper stenciling to make the shirt.   Basically you just trace or sketch your design onto freezer paper, use an exacto knife to cut it out (make sure it's not dull!) and then iron it - shiny side down - directly to your fabric.   Once it's securely adhered (with no air bubbles near the edges of your design) use fabric paint to fill in the stencil.  Once it's dry , you simply peel up the freezer paper and VOILA! gorgeous stenciled shirt  :-)

gina6239
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

oh my gosh, that is so weird but adorable!!! I love it!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I hope my friend doesn't mind me sharing her pics-this is from another group --She made this shirt for a Halloween party/Gender reveal party

Here's the instructions:

I did freezer paper stenciling to make the shirt.   Basically you just trace or sketch your design onto freezer paper, use an exacto knife to cut it out (make sure it's not dull!) and then iron it - shiny side down - directly to your fabric.   Once it's securely adhered (with no air bubbles near the edges of your design) use fabric paint to fill in the stencil.  Once it's dry , you simply peel up the freezer paper and VOILA! gorgeous stenciled shirt  :-)

ZsMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't want to post the pic of her wearing it-but it looked adorable on :)

Quoting gina6239:

oh my gosh, that is so weird but adorable!!! I love it!

Quoting ZsMommy:

Here's the instructions:

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a cute idea.

jridgill
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Sounds cute!! My kids were born 10/9, 10/16, & 10/27 so I was never pregnant Halloween.
GoldenLinds
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I have had a plan for dressi mg up a baby bump for years but I have yet to be appropriately pregnant gor hallowe en.
gina6239
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Oh wow, they have close birthdays! You must have a month where you are super fertile :)

Quoting jridgill:

Sounds cute!! My kids were born 10/9, 10/16, & 10/27 so I was never pregnant Halloween.

kileys_mommy
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
That will be cute!

DD's b-day is 10/24 and DS's b-day is 8/22, so I never got to dress up my bump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)