Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I started Christmas shopping!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 24 Replies
I plan to make some things and hope to get started on that soon but I started doing a little shopping online too.

I got my daughters some adorable monogrammed necklaces. Small silver circle with their initials on it. So cute!

I just love personalized things. My kids are 2,4,&12 but Breleigh will be 3. Xander 5. & kaitlyn the big 13! I hope to purchase at least 1 thing a week for each of them.

Got any ideas on things I can make?
Got any ideas of things I can buy?

Share some links with me please!!

Have you started shopping?
Have you made anything?
Do you plan on making anything?
Have you started getting ideas on what to make or get?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Bah Humbug! :-)

looneymom424
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I have gotten the granddaughter a dollhouse but other than that nothing

dalbax2
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM

My oldest DD started right after Xmas last year finding sale items and clearance items.  She does this all during the year.

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Haven't even thought about christmas :)

christydwiggins
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I'm baking cookies this year with personalized jars so I will start that closer to time.

MyIslandGirls
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a Kaitlyn too!! she'll be 13 in January!!! weird!!

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
We are thinking of getting Kenzie a my size dollhouse and/or an iPod touch. No more toys to get thrown away broken or lost. I want to finish the binding on her quilt and give it to her to use :)
mama_girl07
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Santa is bringing a DS for my oldest and Ive already bought a few games for that. I dont know what Santa is bringing my 4 yr old maybe a scooter. other than that I dont know. I think I may make a set of MLP for them but we will probably start shopping in october.

rory10
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I've only been getting ideas from pintrest. I'm planning on making felt stuffed ornaments for the nieces. They'll be 11 and 2 by then.
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM

This year I think we are primarily going to do gift cards with some smaller items for the kids. I am going to make a makeup bag, brush roll, and jewelry roll for dd as well as a ds case and a dresser runner that match for dd. I am making bandoliers, ds cases, a fanny pack, and a wall hang for my ds'. I am also planning to make a few collapsable boxes for the kids and shower bags big enough to hold shampoo, conditioner, a towel, and soap (because they are always leaving that stuff lying around) and shoe bags for the gym (so I don't have to smell their stinky shoes.) We will also get them some necessities (more school supply stuff like pens and pencils), some candy (it is one of a handful of occassions a year where they get copious ammounts). I think I will also get them cameras. But dd is hard to buy for because she doesn't play with toys anymore (other than the ds). I will also get all of the kids a couple of games (one each for their ds and the xbox kinect). I might make them shirts and a couple pair of gym pants/shorts. I also have to finish a quilt for my younger ds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)