Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

my first craf(pic)....need more to do

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 28 Replies
3 moms liked this

IM fairly new to crafting but i love it. I need some ideas on simple crafts i can do. Kinda go through a rough time and crafting seems to really help take my mind off things. Pics please.

I saw a felt flower scarf on pinterest and made one. IM so impressed that i actually completed something that looks like it did on pinterest.
Sorry its sideways i don't know how to fix that.
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wifeairforce
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM
That's really good. Great job keep it up. I craft when I need to lose focus on life. It's great that way.
sharonsolo
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Thank you! Any suggestions to a newbie?

Quoting wifeairforce:

That's really good. Great job keep it up. I craft when I need to lose focus on life. It's great that way.

Rust.n.Gears
by Group Admin on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Fabulous job. Have you considered learning to knit or crochet. I know what it is like to be having a hard time. I am currently trying to keep my brain busy too by learning new things. I know that knitting and crochet can keep your brain busy and produce beautiful things. There is always something new to learn too. I've been doing it for 30 years and still learn.

meandmyboys124
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
that is beautiful!!!
crocheting or knitting is fun. I love sewing. it relaxes me.
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Cute!  I love your dress form :)  I love crocheting, sewing and knitting.  I also make bows when I'm in the mood lol but I try to dip my hands in anything I can that's crafty!

wifeairforce
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I crotchet, paint, make hair bows (fun and cute) make tops for DD easy ones like pillowcase top/dresses, baking is good too.

Quoting sharonsolo:

Thank you! Any suggestions to a newbie?

Quoting wifeairforce:

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Crafting is a great mental break from life - plus it brings beauty back into your life when things are kind of ugly.

So with that in mind, what do YOU want to do?? What would benefit YOU?? I love making cards - and if I give them to people, it's almost like handing someone a bunch of flowers - instant smiles! I like making stamped jewelry, partly because I get to use a hammer and I can literally bang away my frustrations. I like crocheting - I get depressed in the winter - and so I busy my hands with making hats and scarves to donate. Preemie hats and diaper covers to the hospitals.
The rest of my crafting hobbies are pretty much over-priced self-indulgences, but these ones my kids also enjoy so its worth it to spend time with them this way rather than in front of a tv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sharonsolo
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Thanks. Got the dress form from hobby lobby. My DD named her Marisa.
I just knitted my first item. Its a red heart sashay scarf. It looked simple enough and it was.

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Cute!  I love your dress form :)  I love crocheting, sewing and knitting.  I also make bows when I'm in the mood lol but I try to dip my hands in anything I can that's crafty!

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM

That's really pretty!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Very pretty!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)