Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scrapbooks

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

Sooo I decided after we move and get settle  in a house and I have room I'll FINALLY make scrapbooks for the boys lol (they're 5, 2 & 3 months) I of course have tons of pictures. My friends doing hers, she did first year then another  book "1,2,3" years. I'm not to  sure how I'll be doing mine yet. So far I've got the pictures organized into folder by kids (and a collective one that has pictures focused on all of them together) next I'll do it by year. but I'm wondering how others did theirs and how you organized them into th  book, esp when they'd  older an  it's hard to tell "well this was taken at the beginning of this age vs this at the middle"  if that makes sense?  So throw some ideas at me :)

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bayliesmommy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I started baylies... That's it. Lol. She is 5 now. :/ I have to print pictures. And also find my sd cards...
jryberg
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I have a bunch of books :) I take so many pictures her first year was two books, whoops 

now that sheis 7 I do them by activity, not necessarily in exact chronological order

sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I'm working on my dds now. My son has 3 book his first year his bday a and 2- now. I haven't had as much time to do Sadie's cause of her special needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I do all my books choronologically. I have a photo box for each child that is in order and one for the family. I slowly make my way through the boxes and do pages rather than plan albums. I can add or subtract pages as needed so they end up perfect. If I need to add in something I will blow up a photo or a part of a photo.  

Stillvnu
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I'm so far behind it is a lost cause ... but just a hint ... do several LO's at the same time ... "birthdays", "park outings", "vacation" and such ... once I have the supplies out to make a themed page it is easier to make several embellishments, LO's at the same time and that will help you get back on track.

kmencl3210
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I've spent three HOURS downloading pictures from the sites I had them saved to. Then about 45 minutes sorting them by kid into folders >.< I'm going to copy them to CD's for save keeping *just in case* (our desktop hard-drive recently crashed and we nearly lost everything!) I'm going to watch for deals like on snapfish for free prints :) 

Quoting bayliesmommy:

I started baylies... That's it. Lol. She is 5 now. :/ I have to print pictures. And also find my sd cards...

kmencl3210
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Ya I have a ton, I'm hoping it doesn't turn into 2 books each kid for the first year lol. I'll cut down on pictures but if it comes out to 2 book each then no biggy. :) It'll give me more excuse to sneak away more often haha

Quoting jryberg:

I have a bunch of books :) I take so many pictures her first year was two books, whoops 

now that sheis 7 I do them by activity, not necessarily in exact chronological order

kmencl3210
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM

My 2 oldest usually have a joint party (may stop after this years since DS5 is starting school) so I figured it'd be easier to do them together since it was the same theme and such and a lot of the pictures they were together in lol. My 2 yr old has been following/copying my 5 yr old a lot so lately most pictures have included both of them :) so that'll hopefully help some

Quoting Stillvnu:

I'm so far behind it is a lost cause ... but just a hint ... do several LO's at the same time ... "birthdays", "park outings", "vacation" and such ... once I have the supplies out to make a themed page it is easier to make several embellishments, LO's at the same time and that will help you get back on track.

kmencl3210
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I have one photo box right now, I've been storing things like hospital bracelets and such in it and some of the extra prints we have organized into ziploc bags lol as i get more pictures I'll probably get each kid a box but probably smaller than the one i have since it fits a crazy amount of pictures

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I do all my books choronologically. I have a photo box for each child that is in order and one for the family. I slowly make my way through the boxes and do pages rather than plan albums. I can add or subtract pages as needed so they end up perfect. If I need to add in something I will blow up a photo or a part of a photo.  

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I have boxes from Michaels that work great.

Quoting kmencl3210:

I have one photo box right now, I've been storing things like hospital bracelets and such in it and some of the extra prints we have organized into ziploc bags lol as i get more pictures I'll probably get each kid a box but probably smaller than the one i have since it fits a crazy amount of pictures

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)