• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ooopse!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

Last week, I designed a new wardrobe for my little miss (4 weeks old).  I measured her body and compared all my patterns and cut out garments to pieces she was wearing and the size was spot on.  Then hubby was off work for 4 days (he works a 4 on, 4 off rotation) and all sewing was put on hold. Last night I finished up one of her shirts and tried it on.  It was too small!  I know it wasn't my measuring or my pattern because this morning when I went to get her dressed I found several of her 0-3 month outfits no longer fit.  She's just growing to fast.  I'm not sure rather I should finish up the garments I have cut out or give them a toss.  The worst part is I designed a little vest that I absolutly love, but she will never get to wear it. 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

YOu could finish them up and gift them to a friend who's preggo or donate them to a shelter/thrift store!

sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww :( I would be sad lol I think I would finish them and sell them or give them away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know anybody who is pregnant, most of my friends are done having babies, but I do love your idea of donating them to a shelter.  Or maybe a crisis pregnancy center. 

Quoting melliburger:

YOu could finish them up and gift them to a friend who's preggo or donate them to a shelter/thrift store!

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I think I am going to finish them up, they were supose to be a trial run for the pattern blocks I need to start my business anyway.  Luckily, I designed harem pants for this little collection so they at least still fit. 

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Aww :( I would be sad lol I think I would finish them and sell them or give them away

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

finish them and donate or sell them

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Some hospitals will also take them for teen and underprivileged moms.

Quoting SissyMacK:

I don't know anybody who is pregnant, most of my friends are done having babies, but I do love your idea of donating them to a shelter.  Or maybe a crisis pregnancy center. 

Quoting melliburger:

jryberg
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

They do grow super fast right now! That would be really nice of you to finish them and then donated them. 

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It's amazing how fast they grow!!  I agree, you could donate or gift the item.

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I guess I'm finishing them...I'll post pics when they are done. 

cowgirls10181
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I say finish them pack em in a pink box, for either a baby shower gift or a gift for her when she gets a baby doll that should fit in the clothes! I did that for my dd, i love the top i made for her only problem i forgot to add seam allowance, oops! Well it now is worn by her stuffed kitty cat!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)