• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selling in stores? HELP

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
OMG you guys, one of my customers is opening a store & museum this fall, & wants to carry my items in their inventory !!! I had a nice discussion with her this evening, and we covered everything I can think of. I'll be hearing from her again & her attorney/ friend/ business partner sometime after this weekend. I need everyone's help/advice...what else do I need to ask her? What bases should I make sure are covered? As of right we've covered initial inventory in general & I asked her to think of the details. She also requested that my jewelry cards for display carried my business name on them, which I guess means that I'll need to find a way to make real labels for my lotions & oils. Possibly for the candles & soaps too, I told her that I'm still in the product testing phase for those. She said they'll most likely pay up front for the items, and I offered to give them a discount, as she's thinking between 10-20 of each initially! Ack, I'm so excited, but also a bit over-whelmed as idk what details I should be asking her & making sure are covered. Any advice??? I need ideas on where to order personalized cards/labels, how much of a discount to give, what else I should ask,if I should get an attorney to read over my contract once they write it up or if I'll be alright, I need advice & ideas on everything. I've only dreamed of someday being sold in stores lol.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DaiTilley
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM
This would be a great question for Cody! :)
MaskedMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I know, I was hoping she would answer.I might have to PM her tomm. & ask!

Quoting DaiTilley:

This would be a great question for Cody! :)

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM

So are they buying your items and then reselling in their store? The only payment you get is any custom orders (i.e. people she sends your way) or their initial payment all together?

MaskedMomma
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM

The initial payment, any custom orders, plus her re-order every few months. We're talking $$$$s each time though. She just wants to get my name out there she said. So she'll pay $$$$s for them, and mark them up a couple of dollars to make her $$$$s back, plus make prob a few $$$ on the mark up. They'll carry the Treasured Perfections name though!

Quoting melliburger:

So are they buying your items and then reselling in their store? The only payment you get is any custom orders (i.e. people she sends your way) or their initial payment all together?

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats :)

MaskedMomma
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM

thank you!

brileigh22
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

When I used to sell my homemade bath and body items, I used onlinelabels.com. They have free software that you get with your purchase.  It's been many years since I've used it, but I loved it!  They have labels in many shapes and sizes!

Here's an example of one of the things I used them for:

I had the same size labels on the back with the list of ingredients since that was required by law.

Congratulations and good luck! 

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Sounds good. Are you ok with them being marked up? People will see the difference in her store vs your prices on your website or in person. I'm just wondering, not being mean :)

That's great you got your stuff into the store. You can print your own labels or go online to Moo.com or vistaprint.com.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

The initial payment, any custom orders, plus her re-order every few months. We're talking $$$$s each time though. She just wants to get my name out there she said. So she'll pay $$$$s for them, and mark them up a couple of dollars to make her $$$$s back, plus make prob a few $$$ on the mark up. They'll carry the Treasured Perfections name though!

Quoting melliburger:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)