Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

First wire wrapping project updated to add pics again

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is a kumihimo weight made from glass beads and wire. It is the perfect weight for keeping tension on kumihimo braids. This one is for my dd and I am making more for my ds' and myself.

The lefthand one is mine and the top right green one is ds2's while the yellow one on the lower right is ds1's. the wire on each is different. Dd's wire is anodized (sp?), ds1's is black, ds2's is gold toned and mine is silver toned.

Just made three more for myself. I like the top and middle ones best.

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Oooooooooo pretty!

jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty!  I do kumihimo :)

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Thanks. The kids picked it up again and I didn't have enough money for weights so I decided to make some out of items that I do have on hand. I think they came out awesomely...though the real test will be do the kids like them..,

Quoting jas_momof2:

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks.

Quoting DanaG70:

Oooooooooo pretty!

jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I'm sure they will!!  I use one of dh's fishing weights.  Really ugly but it works.  I'm not good with wire.  The last time I messed with it I ended up with a jumbled mess and threw it all out.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Thanks. The kids picked it up again and I didn't have enough money for weights so I decided to make some out of items that I do have on hand. I think they came out awesomely...though the real test will be do the kids like them..,

Quoting jas_momof2:

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a single fishing weight left and I know what you mean. My first 6 attempts didn't work so well (and dd's almost broke in one spot I was pulling so hard with the pliers)...the rest of my fishing weights disappeared...so...I made do...

I need to find more beads because I have 5 or 6 kumihimo wheels and at least 3 or 4 running at a time so I am always in need of weights and these ones are really pretty and feminine...I am thinking about adding them to my store but am not sure yet...I will have to practice more first.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I'm sure they will!!  I use one of dh's fishing weights.  Really ugly but it works.  I'm not good with wire.  The last time I messed with it I ended up with a jumbled mess and threw it all out.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Quoting jas_momof2:

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

awesome :D

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Very pretty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

dizzy77702
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Very pretty. Not sure what kunihimo is though. Lol. Can someone please explain for the uneducated? Thanks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN