Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Kumihimo travel bag

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

I made this for my son. He wants to learn kumihimo (Japanese braiding). And so I decided to make him this bag that's a modified travel jewelry bag with an attached drawstring bag to hold his cords. I messed up so on the bottom I put a blue circle and after I finished it I realized that the blue circle was off center so I decided to make it a  monster eye because I thought he think that's really cool. In the bag is a Kumihimo wheel & bobbins and you can see the cords in the drawstring bag and the drawstring bag fits inside of the jewelry type bag allowing it to be closed all-in-one. You can also see the green and gold wirewrapped bead weight that I made for him in the first picture.

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! :)

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Very nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looneymom424
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it

jryberg
by Jaime on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

nice job

jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That is really cool!  I've got something similar that I bought (can't sew to save my life)... 

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

very nice

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Thanks. I had to do something since my kids do this too, and it always seems to end up all in my bag leading to massive tangles. Drives me nuts because more than one project had to be scrapped. And, of course, I have no money so I had to use items I had on hand. This is basically the same bag that  I made for Mother's Day except with the second drawstring bag attached to hold cords so it was a pattern that I'm already familiar with.

Quoting jas_momof2:

That is really cool!  I've got something similar that I bought (can't sew to save my life)... 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Very cool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN