Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

OT, PIOG. Please Read! Michigan teachers and school board stand behind convicted child molester!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 17 Replies
IMPORTANT. way ot: how do I go about trying to get a story on the stir?? Huuuge issues going on in our small town right now, and I'm trying to get the story further than Michigan. Long story short, and I will post several links in the comments, but a teacher in our high school was tried and convicted of csc. *please note, he ADMITTED to the crime as soon as he was asked* the incident happened when the child was about 13 til he was 16-17 (not 100% which), and he is now in his 20s. An anonymous photo was emailed to the school board of this teacher and his student, and the trial followed. He was sentenced to X Amount of years in prison, but 6 of the other teachers here and 2 retired teachers (one of them is even on the school board) wrote letters of leniency to the judge on his behalf and even sat behind him, not the victim, during the trial. We tried to get these teachers and board member fired (one teacher is the board members wife, another is the pedophiles wife) and were informed last night that they will only receive a class as punishment, and they will accommodate class changes as best they can. The end. They are protected under their first amendment right. Myself, along with hundreds of other parents are livid. Appalled. Hurt. A million other feelings... So now what? We want to get the story out there, get as much support as possible. Did I mention that right after this pedophile was convicted, someone burned down the victims garage, and vandalized their home? Oh, and in these letters of leniency, every single teacher says that the victim "obviously" wasn't negatively affected because he never came forward, and is an A student and was not damaged in any way. >.< Sorry... Not short I guess, but i'm pissed. I withdrew my daughter from this school this morning officially, and am homeschooling her, as week a lot of other parents...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliciaScott88
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
http://m.facebook.com/l.php? u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wnem.com%2Fsto district-at-center-of-controversy-decides-against-firing-teachers&h=GAQGaVoN-&s=1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliciaScott88
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
http://m.facebook.com/l.php? u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2F i3Y7&s=1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

There are two sides to every story.  Sometimes three. 

AliciaScott88
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
And which side am I missing? Because none of the teachers or school board members, including the CONVICTED FELON, are disagreeing with anything stated above, only that they were, and will remain friends because he was a nice guy. We have copies of the letters and video coverage of all the meetings. The only thing that is getting said is they are a union, they have freedom of speech. And violating either of those would cost the school lots of money, therefore they will not get rid of them. Specify which piece of evidence you'd like to see and I will be happy to provide it.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That's quite alright - you're obviously someone on a mission. 

Quoting AliciaScott88:

And which side am I missing? Because none of the teachers or school board members, including the CONVICTED FELON, are disagreeing with anything stated above, only that they were, and will remain friends because he was a nice guy. We have copies of the letters and video coverage of all the meetings. The only thing that is getting said is they are a union, they have freedom of speech. And violating either of those would cost the school lots of money, therefore they will not get rid of them. Specify which piece of evidence you'd like to see and I will be happy to provide it.

Quoting jas_momof2:

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Your links don't work.

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Do you have a link to a reputable news story? Or a name of the accused so we can fact check? Thanks.
AliciaScott88
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM
http://www.9and10news.com/story/23178386/west-branch-board-of-education-votes-to-keep-teachers-and-board-secretary

I'm crazy busy today with the kids, so i'm a little slower than if like to be, but here is one, and I will quote you each time I post one. Anything specific you want? There are LOTS of them... Several news stations have covered it, including 9&10 which is where this is from, Detroit news, ogemaw herald, every free minute I have I will post links for each of them for different stages of this incident if you're not looking for anything in particular.

Quoting Brieshon:

Do you have a link to a reputable news story? Or a name of the accused so we can fact check? Thanks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliciaScott88
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM
im not sure why, this is the first problem ive had. i will try again and quote you. i cant make them clicky unfortunately, though. im mobile.

Quoting melliburger:

Your links don't work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
No need to post every article. I was just looking for a name or town so I could find more info.

Quoting AliciaScott88:

http://www.9and10news.com/story/23178386/west-branch-board-of-education-votes-to-keep-teachers-and-board-secretary

I'm crazy busy today with the kids, so i'm a little slower than if like to be, but here is one, and I will quote you each time I post one. Anything specific you want? There are LOTS of them... Several news stations have covered it, including 9&10 which is where this is from, Detroit news, ogemaw herald, every free minute I have I will post links for each of them for different stages of this incident if you're not looking for anything in particular.

Quoting Brieshon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN