Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft fair item ideas needed

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
As most of you know I sew. I was thinking of doing a craft fair but I need ideas on what to make and sell. I currently have aprons, coasters, headbands, handbags, quilts, eyeglass cases, dolls, quilted Christmas wall hangings. I have Halloween fabric but idk what to do with it. Maybe coasters and candy bags. Not sure though. I have no idea what to make and sell so for those of you who sew and have done successful craft fairs, what should I be making?
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Doll clothes...  Preferably a captains haori.  Two of them.  Before I throw my sewing machine across the room.

jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Candy bags would be neat for the halloween fabric.  What about receiving blankets, burp cloths and cloth diapers?  Seems to be the latest rage. 

Ignore my other post.  I can't sew my way out of a paper bag...

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I don't sew but I have been to a few craft fairs as a seller. When walking around, the sewers usually have a large number of things. I would do some kid blankets, small receiving blankets or burp cloths. I know children's things always sell fast!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Halloween fabric. Make haul bags (candy tote bag) with a matching water bottle carrier for mom or dad.

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I like the eye glass case cause i dont see those. I would also make some that would fit sunglasses.
Sarahb21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

We do craft fairs and one of our good friends sells only stuff she sews. She sells like crazy (like $1000 a show) and the only things she has to sell is pot holders, placemats, microwave potato bags, those towels with the buttons on them and in the winter she makes snowman ornaments.

Sarahb21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Oh, curling iron holders to put your irons in when they are still warm. Those are big sellers at the shows we've been in.

Also have a few kid items. Little girl purses, crayon rolls, capes for the boys, things like that. Put them in the front. If you can get the kids in, the parents will follow!

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Maybe blankets with matching pillows or pillowcases, kitchen towels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)